Question

I was thinking of running a game with the following leagues running; English, Australian, South African, Brazilian and Chinese (all top leagues only) and additional players from San Marino, so that I could run a high-end career game and have a good pick of International teams with some variety in league and teams.

My questions are these:

Will only having the top leagues create problems 10+ seasons down the line in terms of team strength and regen quality?

Will having 5 leagues in 5 countries in 5 continents produce more speed issues than 5 leagues in 1 country?

From what ive seen around the boards, regen quality is excellent 20+ seasons down the line so i dont think you'll suffer in any way. You could also "loads players from a different league" but not actually load the league itself.

The leagues/countries/continents thing i dont think has any influence. 5 leagues is 5 leagues no matter where they are. Depends on the spec of your computer of course though.

That may not be an issue, I just done Dafuge's challenge which involved all English leagues, which shows 7,774 players. The leagues and players I started in the opening thread was around 5,600 players.

However it may go slower in time due to there not being a period of summer break for all 5 leagues.

Well maybe you're right. In FM08 I just 2 different games I played included loading several top divisions from various continents and another 1 was just loading the UK and Ireland leagues with all their divisions and the latter ran quicker. Although, it could have been just my imagination. :D

Archived