Is this spec good enough?

I've had the game since release day and m knackered old laptop can't manage it and crashes every few minutes. This has finally made me realise that I need a new computer, as this laptop can't do anything these days!

Being a bit of a dunce I want to make sure that if I do buy a new PC it'll be able to handle FM09 without crashing, be reasonably quick running it, and be abel to satisfactorily run the 3d-mode (which I'm yet to witness!).

Is this up to scratch?

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/737738

Any other suggestions or good deals around at the moment?

Sorry, I realise this isn't really an FM discussion but I'd REALLY appreciate some feedback.

Cheers!

I've had the game since release day and m knackered old laptop can't manage it and crashes every few minutes. This has finally made me realise that I need a new computer, as this laptop can't do anything these days!

Being a bit of a dunce I want to make sure that if I do buy a new PC it'll be able to handle FM09 without crashing, be reasonably quick running it, and be abel to satisfactorily run the 3d-mode (which I'm yet to witness!).

Is this up to scratch?

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/737738

Any other suggestions or good deals around at the moment?

Sorry, I realise this isn't really an FM discussion but I'd REALLY appreciate some feedback.

Cheers!

All seems to be good, only problem you may come accross is with the onboard graphics card, these things suck, if you can, get a better video card put in it.

All seems to be good, only problem you may come accross is with the onboard graphics card, these things suck, if you can, get a better video card put in it.

Cheers guys.

What's an onboard gfx card then? Having looked at the required spec this one (NVIDIA® GeForce® 7100 onboard graphics) would, I assume, meet the spec requirments (128MB Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra)?

These are the specs as said by miles....

so if the specs beat that, your ok.

Mac System requirements

The game is currently only being supported on Intel Mac's only, and the minimum requirements are - OSX 10.5.5, Nvidia Geforce 7300 / ATI X1600 Radeon. 1GB RAM.

PC System Requirements

OS - Windows Vista or XP

Processor Speed - Vista - 2.0GHz, XP - 1.4GHz Memory - Vista - 1GB, XP - 512MB Videocard - 128MB Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.

Personally, I would recommend more RAM than the minimum listed above

These are the specs as said by miles....

so if the specs beat that, your ok.

I suppose really I'm asking if the graphics card I've mentioned above does beat the spec requirements as set out by Miles, or not? I want to be double-sure, as the PC would be used for about four major functions and playing FM is one of them!!

To be honest if you have the cash, dont go to PC World. If you can find a wee independant computer shop and ask them to build you one to your own sepcs that would be a better idea. Thats what i do and i alway end up with a good system for the cash stores like pC world, currys etc offer for sometimes less the price.

To be honest if you have the cash, dont go to PC World. If you can find a wee independant computer shop and ask them to build you one to your own sepcs that would be a better idea. Thats what i do and i alway end up with a good system for the cash stores like pC world, currys etc offer for sometimes less the price.

I got a brilliant laptop from Staples for £350. It runs FM no problem with every league in Europe. Yes, I have the odd time when it takes a couple of minutes processing but that's ok, I just boil the kettle or roll a cig. It's never much longer than the time it takes to make a cup of coffee.

I got a brilliant laptop from Staples for £350. It runs FM no problem with every league in Europe. Yes, I have the odd time when it takes a couple of minutes processing but that's ok, I just boil the kettle or roll a cig. It's never much longer than the time it takes to make a cup of coffee.

Got a link to that?!

Got a link to that?!

I just walked into my local shop a couple of months ago and bought it straight off the shelf. It's got core duo processor and 3 gig RAM. I asked the guy in the shop why something with 3 gig RAM was so cheap, and he just shrugged. Could be the graphics card isn't the best, but still that handles FM pretty well.

Take a look in your closest Staples shop. They mainly deal with office stuff, but some of their PCs and Laptops are really good for nice prices.

Archived