Opposition constantly kicking seven bells out of my team

The foul count was seriously messed up pre 9.2 patch where the opposition fouled the user controlled team 20-30 times a match at least while they could only manage around ten themselves when most players on normal tackling. It's better in 9.2 but I've noticed a general theme - whenever my team is completely outplayed the foul count is heavily in the AI's favor again. It seems that certain aggressive AI tactics are over-effective and their players aren't dealt with accordingly by the officials.

How come the opposition can repeatedly kick the **** out of my side and perhaps pick up a booking when mine only appear to cough in their general direction and get carded?

Hello Sir Alex - nice to see you use your free time constructively. Using FM to find the next wonderkid? :p

The foul count was seriously messed up pre 9.2 patch where the opposition fouled the user controlled team 20-30 times a match at least while they could only manage around ten themselves when most players on normal tackling. It's better in 9.2 but I've noticed a general theme - whenever my team is completely outplayed the foul count is heavily in the AI's favor again. It seems that certain aggressive AI tactics are over-effective and their players aren't dealt with accordingly by the officials.

I agree with this fully. The refereeing needs to be stricter towards AI super-hack tactics that leave your players wounded as if they have been in a war

Is there any way to reciprocate? Derby's regen right winger just put my right back out for 2 months and I have them in a Carling Cup game in 4 days .....

Hard tackling, tight marking, choose the most aggresive players you've got available to play

Funnily enough, even though the same is happening in my game the officials seem to be doing something about it. In the past 5 game I have had 7 red cards shown against the opposition...mental! Makes winning a bit easier though!

I've always wondered whether there is in fact a problem with the amount of injuries, or if there is a problem with the amount of fouls. There seems to be a split of views on injuries - maybe some of us simply have teams that get kicked constantly while others don't. I can say from experience that my designated playmaker, who see more of the ball than anyone, gets injured constantly. Is it because they are an attacking player or make forward runs? Or do they just get nailed every single time they get the ball?

Well actually, on my game at least, the opposition usually accumulate a ridiculous amount of yellow/red cards. Last season, several teams finished 100 yellow cards +, and one team had something like 27 red cards.

Whereas my team amassed the least in the division!

Archived