Loan Match Experiance

In FM 2008 young players sent on loan only gained match experience that helped them in their developement if they were set on loan to a feeder from an active playable league.

Is that also true for FM 2009, or will they gain experience at feeder from any league?

If you send someone to an unplayable feeder, press on them.

Look at the bottom, where it shows their appearances, form, assists etc. They are playing games, and they count as competitive.

But they aren't "simulated" in full, as they aren't in a simulated league.

So they are playing (virtual) games and they will develop, but tests in Football Manager 2008 showed that you were better off in a simulated league.

I stupidly forget to include Belgium but had a Belgian feeder for my work-permit kids. Doh!

What leads us to my most sought after feature for FM2010: the ability to add playable leagues to already running savegames. This is really a must, simply because of the way, non-playable leagues, "treat" players who are sent there, i.e. they develop poorly. Again, it's an unrealistic aspect of FM and, if the only way to fix it, is to allow us to add new playable leagues, a suggestion to SI is that they look into it and add this feature.

The suggestion to start a new game, including all leagues in it, is not really a good one, when you've developed a certain club and you're attached to it. It becomes difficult to restart from scratch (I guess many FMers would agree with me).

What leads us to my most sought after feature for FM2010: the ability to add playable leagues to already running savegames. This is really a must, simply because of the way, non-playable leagues, "treat" players who are sent there, i.e. they develop poorly. Again, it's an unrealistic aspect of FM and, if the only way to fix it, is to allow us to add new playable leagues, a suggestion to SI is that they look into it and add this feature.

The suggestion to start a new game, including all leagues in it, is not really a good one, when you've developed a certain club and you're attached to it. It becomes difficult to restart from scratch (I guess many FMers would agree with me).

Can i just add that it woud be better for the career game also. The ability to 'switch' off some active leagues could be useful too if your going to add an active league in-game.

To add and remove active leagues during a save game would be a god send.

I normally select leagues i would like to try only for 5years down the line to loose interest in the league, so being able to remove this and add in another would be fantastic.

Most analyses of FM09 conclude that they still won't develop much in an inactive league. I stupidly forget to include Belgium but had a Belgian feeder for my work-permit kids. Doh!

If possible, try and get Spanish ones instead and fulfill work permit criteria via caps instead - I find that's way easier.

Archived