Is this a bug?? If not a new cheat!!!

Hi

Right I've assembled a really good squad of players, 35 in total all of which are capable of being regular first teamers. I was happily playing along when I was a bit stumped with a inrury crisis I had at left back. Because I couldn't find which foot people prefer to play with I thought 'I know, I'll ask my assistant to pick the squad, he'll know!' I did and he put a AMR at LB!!! Now I checked his stats and they were not defensive in the slightest. Being puzzeled I saved the game first but carried on and played the game. He'd also changed a lot of players from who I would have started with. I played the game and stormed it 5 - 0!!!! The LB/AMR put in a 7 performance but I couldn't believe it, none of my starting midfielders were playing but the stand ins were brilliant. Surely a one off I thought so to check this out I went to the next game, cleared squad and assistant pick, stormed it again!!! I have now done this for two seasons, won the prem, league cup, european cup and well on course to win the champions league!! Like I said I did have a good squad but the assistant picks players in wrong positions who play well, never picks the best players (always leaves lula out!) but I just can't stop winning! Biggest defeat to date is getting beat one nil!!

Has anyone else tried this with such good results?? Just remember to clear squad first then assistant pick!!

I'd like to christen this as the BankCheat if no-one has heard of it before!!!

P.S. I don't enjoy playing like this it was purely an experiment and I have returned back to my saved game and tried and failed to replicate this performance. I play properly (before all the games aren't supposed to be about cheating posts come in!!)

Hi

Right I've assembled a really good squad of players, 35 in total all of which are capable of being regular first teamers. I was happily playing along when I was a bit stumped with a inrury crisis I had at left back. Because I couldn't find which foot people prefer to play with I thought 'I know, I'll ask my assistant to pick the squad, he'll know!' I did and he put a AMR at LB!!! Now I checked his stats and they were not defensive in the slightest. Being puzzeled I saved the game first but carried on and played the game. He'd also changed a lot of players from who I would have started with. I played the game and stormed it 5 - 0!!!! The LB/AMR put in a 7 performance but I couldn't believe it, none of my starting midfielders were playing but the stand ins were brilliant. Surely a one off I thought so to check this out I went to the next game, cleared squad and assistant pick, stormed it again!!! I have now done this for two seasons, won the prem, league cup, european cup and well on course to win the champions league!! Like I said I did have a good squad but the assistant picks players in wrong positions who play well, never picks the best players (always leaves lula out!) but I just can't stop winning! Biggest defeat to date is getting beat one nil!!

Has anyone else tried this with such good results?? Just remember to clear squad first then assistant pick!!

I'd like to christen this as the BankCheat if no-one has heard of it before!!!

P.S. I don't enjoy playing like this it was purely an experiment and I have returned back to my saved game and tried and failed to replicate this performance. I play properly (before all the games aren't supposed to be about cheating posts come in!!)

• SI Staff

I'm guessing that your assistant picked the AMR at left back simply because he is 'adequate' in that position (each player has ratings for positions in those which he isn't considered 'best' at) and even with that disadvantage he considered him to be the best player for that position.

PS> Out of interest whom were the non-starting players who he put in? - the AM in FM is designed to pick 'solid' but not particularly sensational squads ... ie. a human manager should be able to outperform his choices, but if you're lazy he won't destroy things ...

Archived