X struggling to player when manager has low rep in game

Managing Newcastle, first season, sitting in 4th with four games to go. Had been leading/2nd most of the season but had a very poor run and dramatic drop in morale throughout the squad which totally destroyed our ability to play the game of football. Seems to have stopped the slide now and morale is improving which seems to be the deciding factor as to whether or not you can put away a chance let alone win a game.

My Ass Man has informed me that Guthrie, and prior to him Nicky Butt, were struggling to find the motivation to play for a manager with such a low reputation in the game.

I've got a high rep, I chose International Footballer for previous experience (which I basically do everytime for I've played all the previous FM's and its as close as you can get to carrying on a career across games). So is this 'struggling to play for low rep manager' worded poorly? Reputation, at least in my eyes, is your overall rep whereas I'd imagine Guthrie/Butt's concern is my recent poor run?

Any ideas?

This is something I came accross a while ago.

I can't be sure as I don't know for sure but it is probably this: basically what is happening here is that the player(s) in question have taken a dislike towards the manager and this is the most appropriate string available.

It is annoying as it is not actually reflecting the dislike, but the coder behind this area of the game is aware of this issue and plans to have strings for it for future versions.

So the players are indeed struggling to motivate themselves to play for you, but for a different reason to that given. Hope this helps.

Archived