Red card for handball.

Never heard of something as stupid as this.

I am in charge of Rapid Bucharest and was playing Chealsea in the CL groups. Like it wasnt hard enough, my stiker gets a straight red in the 7 th minute for handballing. My striker was in the opposition s penalty area, not in my penalty box, so i was attacking.(no yellows before that).

This really is an annoying bug.

Just yesterday I wondered if handballs have disappeared from the game completely as I cannot remember a single handball (not even talking about one in the own area) in FM09 at all.

To agree it is a bug, there would be more info to be provided. In the own area you can quickly get a red for handballing (and strikers might well be there on an opponent's corner).

I remember an opposition goalie grabbed the ball in what seemed to be inside his box, but got a straight red for handling outside the area. Gonna go back and look at the incident.

My oppo's keeper actually handled it outside the area yesterday but no free-kick. I guess it was a graphical flaw rather than a wrong ref decision.

Yeah stupid bug, there's no such thing as deliberate handball. SIOSI!!

My, you are grumpy today :D

As has been said, if it was a deliberate and very obvious handball it's not beyond the realms of posibility that the ref would send him off for it. More info needed for it to be accepted as a bug imo.

read the post, smart guy.

I've just read it again and it's as rubbish as when I first read it. There is no rule saying handball deserves a red card, but only in your own penalty area. It is dependant on the nature of the handball and whether or not it gives the player an unfair advantage over the opposition. IMO handling in the opposition area is as bad as handling the ball in your own area.

But hey, everyone else says bug all the time, why not jump on the bandwagon.

My, you are grumpy today :D

As has been said, if it was a deliberate and very obvious handball it's not beyond the realms of posibility that the ref would send him off for it. More info needed for it to be accepted as a bug imo.

Did you ever see a red card for a handball in the oppositions penalty area, while the team is attacking.

I am well aware that a red card is requaired if a player stops a ball thats going in the goal with his hand, BUT WHEN HE IS ATTACKING, IN THE OPPOSITIONS PENALTY BOX. It was my striker that got the red card.

There was a throw in, close to the oppositions corner flag. My FB trows the ball in treir box, Lewandowski touches the ball and ......RED CARD. He was 10 yards away from their goalllll....

I've just read it again and it's as rubbish as when I first read it. There is no rule saying handball deserves a red card, but only in your own penalty area. It is dependant on the nature of the handball and whether or not it gives the player an unfair advantage over the opposition. IMO handling in the opposition area is as bad as handling the ball in your own area.

if you handle the ball in the oppositions penalty area and its deliberate and you get an advantage (eg you handball the ball into the back of your opponents net) then that's a yellow card offence,not a red card-i doubt theres ever been a red card for handling the ball in the opponents box even if you get an advantage-if there has,then its an incredibly rare occurance,because its known up and down the land that such an incident is a yellow card offence,not a red card offence

Go and watch some real football. You ve been playing these game for too long.

The article 34, from the arbitration book, says that deliberated handballing should be punished with yellow card, unless it relates to article 16 wich talks about handballing in your own area.

Did you ever see a red card for a handball in the oppositions penalty area, while the team is attacking.

I am well aware that a red card is requaired if a player stops a ball thats going in the goal with his hand, BUT WHEN HE IS ATTACKING, IN THE OPPOSITIONS PENALTY BOX. It was my striker that got the red card.

There was a throw in, close to the oppositions corner flag. My FB trows the ball in treir box, Lewandowski touches the ball and ......RED CARD. He was 10 yards away from their goalllll....

While it's rare players can get a red card for deliberate handball anywhere on the pitch. If a striker is baring down on goal and they purposely stick out their hand to knock the ball past a player, for example, a very harsh ref may send that player off.

Or the ref could have just been having a stinker of a game. In a world where players can get 3 yellow cards and stay on the pitch it's not hard to imagine a ref sending off a player for something stupid.

If it starts to happen a lot then it may be bug, but as this is the first report of this that I've seen I'll stick with the opinion that it's just a freak occurance.

While it's rare players can get a red card for deliberate handball anywhere on the pitch. If a striker is baring down on goal and they purposely stick out their hand to knock the ball past a player, for example, a very harsh ref may send that player off.

Or the ref could have just been having a stinker of a game. In a world where players can get 3 yellow cards and stay on the pitch it's not hard to imagine a ref sending off a player for something stupid.

If it starts to happen a lot then it may be bug, but as this is the first report of this that I've seen I'll stick with the opinion that it's just a freak occurance.

I know that things happen, but the post game said the referee has an excellent game. Thant MF.

I know that things happen, but the post game said the referee has an excellent game. Thant MF.

Fair enough.

As I said, it may have just been a freak occurrance and while annoying is probably not going to happen often enough for it to be classed as a defect that SI will bother looking into. I may be wrong though and we may get an influx of people complaining that they're having players sent off for handball on 9.0.2.

I think a bigger problem that I've seen is the lack of handballs. I can't think of hardly any in my games so far, although this may just be down to the fact that they happen in areas of the field that lead to free kicks that result in nothing. I may therefore simply not be seeing the highlights of these incidents.

Fair enough.

As I said, it may have just been a freak occurrance and while annoying is probably not going to happen often enough for it to be classed as a defect that SI will bother looking into. I may be wrong though and we may get an influx of people complaining that they're having players sent off for handball on 9.0.2.

I think a bigger problem that I've seen is the lack of handballs. I can't think of hardly any in my games so far, although this may just be down to the fact that they happen in areas of the field that lead to free kicks that result in nothing. I may therefore simply not be seeing the highlights of these incidents.

It is funny, because in 3 seasons, i ve never saw a handball.:)

The first one, really burnt me. If it would have happen 2 seasons ago, agains a match with chealsea in CL, i wouldn care, because i wouldn stand a chance any way. But these season is going real well, with wins in the first 2 games agains Copenhagen and lyon.

By the way, playing rapid bucharest in the 3rd season.

Very recently I've had a player sent off by handballing. But it was a proper sent off. First he got a yellow for fouling someone. Later he handballed (at midfield) and was sent off (second yellow).

I just chimed in to say that there are indeed handballs but, as already said, there are very, very few. Actually, I'm on the 5th season on this save and I only recall this one handball. But it could be that my memory is failing me. ;)

If he was using his hand to gain an advantage over other players then a red card is the right decision.

Say, if he used his hand to take the ball away from a defender to get a clear shot at goal.

yeah back on topic. (although i have another 1 of those pictures only its gerrard diving. :()

Both Paul Scholes and Cristiano Ronaldo were sent off for two yellow cards and not straight reds as the original poster had happen to his player. Without seeing the incident, unless it was the worst case of deliberate handball ever, he should probably be given a yellow because he was in the oppositions box. If this is a red card, then not only is the "hand of god" a controversial goal but Maradona should also have been sent off

Paul Scholes anyone?

Exactly, an intentional handball probably occured like what Scholes did last year. Hitting the ball with your hand into the goal is going to be a red card unless the ref is very soft. Unlucky for you, take away his wages for a week.

Archived