Stadium being renamed after manager

I've never stayed with a LL team for more than a few seasons but I've decided to give it a good go. I've now spent 5 seasons with Farsley, getting them promoted to the BSP and currently leading the race for promotion to League 2. We've also won the Conference League Cup.

Farsley have never won anything before I arrived. Now I've heard on another set of forums that the Board of Directors name the Stadium after you if you do some amazing stuff. Is this true or were the other guys talking crap?

It is possible and I have read about people having it happen to them on these forums, but don't hold your breath.

In FM08 I took Gateshead from being unplayable to Premier League winners. Eventually the board decided to build a new stadium and I was certain I was onto a winner, they would have to name it after me surely? I'd taken the team from non-league obscurity to the dizzy hights of the Premier League and European participation. But did they name it after me? Did they balls.

Instead they named it after some player who racked up 350 appearences while they were still playing against pub teams :mad:

I think this is tied to manager becoming Icon. Currently it is pretty ridiculous for lower league teams. Icon for such teams tend to be amateur players that did some ordinary feat that is quickly surpassed by players you bring in. Yet You or the great players you bring in never make it beyond favored personnel.

It is possible and I have read about people having it happen to them on these forums, but don't hold your breath.

In FM08 I took Gateshead from being unplayable to Premier League winners. Eventually the board decided to build a new stadium and I was certain I was onto a winner, they would have to name it after me surely? I'd taken the team from non-league obscurity to the dizzy hights of the Premier League and European participation. But did they name it after me? Did they balls.

Instead they named it after some player who racked up 350 appearences while they were still playing against pub teams :mad:

lol - harsh! :D

makes me think twice about carrying on with my game; was hoping for a stadium rebuild, and some new development named after me, but looks like it could be chosen from a club Icon/Legend or summat! I suppose if your name gets added to the on-screen list, then you are in with a chance!

i was solihull moors and i got the tem promoted to the premier league and they built a new stadium and named it after me - the peterson arena. i felt special. they said they named it after their greatest manager. this was fm o8 and the club was only founded in 2007

IRL stadiums are named after a major sponsor aren't they? Would love to see that happen in FM as my shirt sponsorship is ridiculous (80k quid per season) for a EURO cup winner!

Anyways I've been playing as AC Monopoli in Italy for 11 seasons and they are finally moving into a new stadium, but they decided to name it the Monopoli Stadium..

new ground names are always put up for sale to the highest bidder, its normally a board discussion on weather to do that or name it something permanant and add the sponsor eg. "the sunderland Stadium of Light" was touted to be sponsored by nissan to be come: "The Nissan Stadium of Light"

IRL stadiums are named after a major sponsor aren't they? Would love to see that happen in FM as my shirt sponsorship is ridiculous (80k quid per season) for a EURO cup winner!

Anyways I've been playing as AC Monopoli in Italy for 11 seasons and they are finally moving into a new stadium, but they decided to name it the Monopoli Stadium..

Does it have a hotel on it? ;)

Sorry, poor effort!

The pattern emerging seems to be that you need to a) be at a club for years and b) may have to be a legend

new ground names are always put up for sale to the highest bidder, its normally a board discussion on weather to do that or name it something permanant and add the sponsor eg. "the sunderland Stadium of Light" was touted to be sponsored by nissan to be come: "The Nissan Stadium of Light"

meh! Should have gone for it! Rubbish cars, rubbish team!

Apologies for airing my personal feeling lol!

Sorry, poor effort!

The pattern emerging seems to be that you need to a) be at a club for years and b) may have to be a legend

Ive now taken Newport County up to the premiership in consecutive seasons (via the play offs everytime as the top 2 or 3 ALWAYS get a ludicrous amount of points). The board are installing 3000 new seats to increase the capacity to 7000 (shutting a part of the ground for 7 months, meaning until January the 10th our capacity will be 3325).

After all ive done for them, im not even an Icon nevermind a legend - so a new stadium if it comes will more than likely be named after John Aldridge. I will leave if this outrageous circumstance comes to fruition!

Sorry, poor effort!

lol :D

Well their home colour is green, so it wouldn't be a hotel but maybe 4 houses?

And yeah it would be nice to have a stadium name auction when you move into a new stadium, instead of always taking out a huge loan..

lol :D

Well their home colour is green, so it wouldn't be a hotel but maybe 4 houses?

And yeah it would be nice to have a stadium name auction when you move into a new stadium, instead of always taking out a huge loan..

Its what was done with the Emirates i believe?

Archived