Ground Sharing

Does anyone know if its possible to ground share on FM09?

I am playing as AFC Wimbledon and I'm in the Championship but I still have the same old ground with a capacity of around 4,500. The board have only increased the number of seats since I started the game as there were only around 1,000.

If I manage to gain promotion to the premiership anytime soon I'm a bit concerned as to whether I'll even be able to enter it if i get promoted!

Surely the only way I'd be allowed in is with a ground share whilst my stadium is enlarged or a new one built. Just wondering if anyone knows if a ground share is possible?

Thanks

It is possible but not entirely a good solution so far. I have managed to reach PRM with Hyde. Stadium capacity is 6k. The board has decided to expand it (during my second season in PRM) to 10k and meanwhile i am ground sharing with Wigan (i think) who have a 20k stadium. But its only a 5 month arrangement then its back to 10k stadium for me. Interestingly enough i am getting 15k+ fans per game and maybe that will get board agreeing to a new stadium!!

Intresting that they have been coded into the game at all being as its not that common of an occurence IRL, although I dont think Wigan would ground share IRL as there pitch is torn up enough by the rugby team as well.

Maybe its trigered buy clubs who still have terraces and reach the Prem.

Who's the closest premiership club to you then Hazbee?

They are upgrading the terrace for my stadium. This after the board initially denied my request to expand saying they will never get council approval.

What does upgrading the terrace mean? and how come initially council was going to DEFINITELY refuse and then suddenly approve?

Intresting that they have been coded into the game at all being as its not that common of an occurence IRL, although I dont think Wigan would ground share IRL as there pitch is torn up enough by the rugby team as well.

Maybe its trigered buy clubs who still have terraces and reach the Prem.

Who's the closest premiership club to you then Hazbee?

Its good to hear that its possible!

Yeh well i think any of london clubs would be most viable, hopefully the emirates stadium lol!

• 3 months later...

Ground sharing certainly seems far less prevalent in FM09 than in previous versions - I haven't seen it happen once in this version so far.

My interest in this comes from my current game as Maidstone. We don't own the stadium so for the previous two years our 3000 capacity venue has been almost constantly packed. Now in League One, the stadium is still consistently full or almost full but there are no plans for a move.

It makes sense that we don't move as our balance is far short of what would be needed (although my super rich chairman can clearly afford it as he injects huge sums into the club every month), but why aren't we sharing with Gillingham in the meantime? It makes sense - if we're paying to rent our ground, why not pay a little more to share a better ground? Our attendances would probably be around the 5000-6000 mark but we've also had a few decent cup games (which we've somehow won) against Tottenham and Leeds that would fill Gillingham's ground too.

Archived