problem 2

can someone help, if you don't load your game from steam will it not update your game when you sign on.

or do i need to install the patch myself as i didn't purchase the game through steam.

Please help this problem is doing my head in

If you activated via Steam and Launch via Steam it will automatically update

If you activated via steam and launch from a short cut on your desktop, you need to launch via steam to get the update

If you activated via Uniloc you need to download the update from the links at the top of the forum

Where you purchased from is irrelevant.

If you installed Steam and activated using it, load the Steam client and it'll patch FM automatically.

If you installed Steam but now choose to run the fm.exe directly (i.e. start the game without starting Steam), it won't patch automatically - you need the Steam client active to do that.

so all i need to do is active the thorugh steam?

You've already activated through Steam.

As has been said (I'm sure I already said this in your other thread, if it wasn't your thread then apologies) you need to launch Steam and if necessary log into your Steam account. You then need to go to 'Games' and launch FM09 via Steam. It will then begin to update your game before launching it.

EDIT: It was your thread so just follow the instructions already given to you and you shouldn't have a problem. There's also no need to start another thread about this when you already have one open.

no i not activte through steam,

i've just got a account through steam.

so all i do now is activeit the game again through steam by going to the option 'active game through steam' but ive already got installed on my harddrive so i'm just re active it?

no i not activte through steam,

i've just got a account through steam.

so all i do now is activeit the game again through steam by going to the option 'active game through steam' but ive already got installed on my harddrive so i'm just re active it?

How did you activate your game?

Archived