Is this cheating?

I was playing against Hereford and lost 3-2. Then I played Oxford and it was 1-1 with 5 minutes to go, when suddenly it crashed.

Luckilly I'd saved before the Hereford match so hadn't lost much. I reloaded the save and managed to win 1-0 against Hereford.

Is that cheating? Or should I have tried to lose again, replaying the game until I lost, no matter how long it would take.

I then played Oxford again and lost 5-1 so was a bit annoyed with that seeing as I could have won in the original match. I'd much rather beat Oxford than Hereford seeing as they're only a few points behind me in the league, as opposed to Hereford who are near the bottom.

What would other people do in this situation?

- replay the games, taking the first result

- replay the games until you got the same result as last time

let's imagine you had got a 4-4 result (that actually happened to me only yesterday). How long do you reckon it would take replaying the match until you got the same result again? I'd say just replay it once (which you did and won) and get on with it. It's not exactly your fault if your game/or machine crashed so look at it as a gift from the gods :)

let's imagine you had got a 4-4 result (that actually happened to me only yesterday). How long do you reckon it would take replaying the match until you got the same result again? I'd say just replay it once (which you did and won) and get on with it. It's not exactly your fault if your game/or machine crashed so look at it as a gift from the gods :)

I don't mean replaying to get the same result exactly; just in terms of winning, drawing or losing.

Anyway I've decided I'm just going to play Oxford until I draw or do better.

Actually it's just finished at 1-1, so that's the end of that.

Archived