How to get Robinho to renew his contract with City?

I am playing the latest patch of FM09, in September 2010. 'Contract rebel Robinho puts his City future in doubt..' and has done numerous times. I want him to renew his contract yet can only offer £135,000 a week as opposed to the £160,000 he starts the game with. Has anyone been able to get him to commit or is there a way of matching his demands?

Thanks

it never allows you to go over £135k, but luckily i was about the same date as you and managed to get him to sign at new 5 year deal at £135k, but with massive bonuses and the biggest signing on fee i could....have u had any success with City? i finished 6th and won the UEFA Cup in the 1st season, so maybe this helps?

I am very tempted to sell him, in the two seasons I have had him for I haven't been overly impressed and he is constantly looking for a move to a bigger club. I have a strikeforce of Robinho, Aguero, Bojan and Keirrison with Evans waiting in the wings so it may actually provide me with a good opportunity for me to see if Evans will make the grade. Will just have to wait til Jan thats all..

I have over £20M left of transfer funds but I am already £625K under my wage budget and so the board wouldn't allow me to change that. I did manage to offer him £140K with ridiculous bonus' and a £7M signing on fee to no avail.

I suppose I haven't had huge success so far. With regards domestic cups I have only managed a semi final appearance in each and in terms of Europe I have been knocked out in the UEFA quarters in both seasons. The league has been better though, after finishing 6th in my first season I improved and managed to come third this last year, just one point behind Arsenal with Robinho saying he was 'delighted with the clubs current form'.

Thanks for your help, looks like he is on his way out!

Robinho doesn't seem to be all that good (performance wise) in FM09. I ended up selling him for a good amount, to Rome, I think. Now he's in there, complaining all the time for lack of play. In a couple of seasons there he played less than 10 times. So, it's not only me who thinks he's crap, the AI thinks the same. :)

Archived