training confusion

i like the training on this it is a lot sui,mpler to set up that cm however there is a flaw

we were having 10-15 shots a mathc and only 1-2 on taget, obviously we need to convert our chances so i put all my strikers shooting training to intensive and gave them a few months on it (as well as all the other bits) and after 3-4 months nothing has change, the training seems to not be making a difference.

i dont undderstand

my strikers are 28, 20, 21, 30 and 29

the older on4es are playing 'close to full potential'

the 2 younger ones are basically expected to improve eg, the board have high hopes and they will become good players

Your older players aren't likely to see much of an improvement then but your younger ones should. When you says nothing has changed, what do you mean?

Do you mean their stats haven't rised? (Have you been following them?) Or do you mean that they still aren't converting chances?

If you're only getting 1 or 2 chances on target in a game then you may want to look at your tactics rather than your training.

If it gets to the point where you're getting a lot of shots on traget but still not scoring then you might want to worry about your strikers ability to finish chances.

It sounds to me like your tactics are not creating the chances that your strikers need to score goals.

What team are you? It could be tactics but it could be your strikers aswell.

Make sure your strikers have good finishing, good first touch, good compsure and maybe even good decisions. Obviously, depending on the team you can't always have great attributes for all of these but all these attributes are important for a good finisher.

Your older players aren't likely to see much of an improvement then but your younger ones should. When you says nothing has changed, what do you mean?

Do you mean their stats haven't rised? (Have you been following them?) Or do you mean that they still aren't converting chances?

theri stats havent gone up but they are not converting chances. im unsure it could be my tactics becase we are having 10-15 chances a game with at least 3-4 clear cut (not long shots) but they are not putting them away or even getting ythem on target. im managing rufc so i know they are not best strikers in world but i thought theyd imporve a bit with training?

thanks for all advice btw

You might want to take them out the back and slap the head off them. :D

Seriously though, is there any way you can interact with them? Perhaps release a media comment that you are not happy with their performances, or even before your next match say to the strikers you "Have faith in their ability", a little encouragement sometimes goes a long way.

Archived