the shots rattled the bar! (you think it would break already)

I think its gone down TBH. Pre patch it was just plain silly but i dont hit the woodwork nearly as often as i used to now.

tbh every match i play im just waiting for the ball to hit the bar.. last game in the league cup.... 2 struck the bar its just plain annoying and i dont rekon its been toned down i reckon it has got a lot worse

Edit:

just missed a shot from no more than 8 yards out hit the cross bar hit the keepers head off the bar and over for a corner.... this is the match after the one i hit 2 bars in

In my game it's been toned down with the 9.2.0 patch (it was incredibly silly before, 4, 5 times per game). However it's still too high: there's basically not a single game without the ball hitting the woodwork and there's plenty (more than 50% I would venture to say) of at least 2-times per game.

I would prefer for the GK to save it or for it to go out, instead of this. It's not realistic at all.

well ok just finished another game (btw in not whinging im playing at leeds and we are undefeated) im not complaining about the game being to hard...

hit the bar twice

BUT

its very hard to enjoy a game which is unrealistic for god sakes i feel like im watching that ronaldinho brazilian ping pong video on youtube where he just hits the crossbar 4 times in a row or something! i tell ya one thing i wouldnt like to verse anyone in fm in the crossbar challenge!

Si i reckon need to put a lot more time and effort into trying to perfect the match engine and getting a much more realistic outlay of a game going on...

the job so far has been fantastic just a few minor tweaks such as ball hitting the bar/post every 2nd shot, player intelligence, physical stats working properly (ive seen a guy with 11 pace leave a guy for dead with 18 pace for half the pitch and score)

Anyone who saw saturday's Edinburgh derby can testify that the woodwork can be hit a lot in real life too... The only place the ball didn't go was on target!

Agree, but not to the same team every week, for every season, that would really be something. For the rest I really think that the 3-D is hilarious, sometimes its too funny.

totally agree i hit the bar at least twice a game, sometimes a lot more, its a bit painful, then theres the fact that in the last 4 matches ive had 20 clear cut chances and scored one. in two successive games gomes (spurs keeper) got a 9.1 and a 9.3 ( i cant get my outfield players to get near that!). if im not hitting the woodwork rooneys missing from 5 yards

this is a massive problem and there must be some good reason why it wasnt corrected - it is ridiculous how many times posts are hit.

IMO i would much rather less happened in matches and time just ticked away than having posts / bars smacked constantly. I dont know whether it is trying to make games more exciting to watch or what but for me its just annoying......

Can't say I've noticed this too much in my game since 9.0.2 tbh.

However, I was watching Match of the Day a couple of weeks ago (actually I think it was after boxing day) and decided to keep an eye on how many times a team hit the woodwork to compare it to the game. I'm not sure if it was just a freak week but the woodwork was hit a bloody lot.

It actually made me think that FM had it pretty much spot on.

Archived