Transfer money- When you actually get/give the money- realistic?

It is so annoying that even if i organise a payment of 1 euro and the rest after 20 goals and 24 months, i have to have all the CASH at the moment of the signing. (I thought this was the point of these options- to defer payment)

However, it appears that when i SELL a player with those clauses, i DON'T get the funds immediately (even if they are guarenteed funds on a month by month basis (not possible clauses).

Is this accurate?

That is because the club realises that you still have to pay the 1 euro plus all the other money... they dont want to be in a situation in which they have to fork out £20m as per an agreement when you have gone and spent all the rest of your money and theres none left.

The AI clubs dont recieve your full sum in one go, the board effectively takes it from you and keeps it safe for whenever the terms are met.

An AI manager will face the same problems you do if they sign players for silly up front values but massive clauses.

Well yeah, to pay off a fee over say 12 months you would have to have to entire sum in your budget to be able to pay it off, seeing as your budget is for the season this makes sense, so when you agree to pay that much, it goes from your budget, but you do pay it monthly if you check your finances

As for when you sell a player, they would have to have all the money too but as it is paid in instalments, you only get however much per month, which is correct

I think that if you make a deal for 24 months you only need half the cash at the time of the deal. Maybe it also applies for 6, 12 and 18 months deals but I'm not 100% sure of that.

E.g. if you bid £5 million up front and £20 million over 24 months you would need to have 5+(20/2)=£15 million in your transfer funds

Archived