Is it just me

Ok, I feel I have held my opinion long enough and no doubt this post will not last long before being deleted. (All hail free speech)

Is it just me or is this one of the most bug riddled, unplayable versions of this (or in my experience of gaming) any game that has ever been released.

If it's not corrupting your save games, it's telling you you're running dangerously low on memory even on a machine that is basically RAM in a case. If not this of course there was the 24th July bug (I accept this has been fixed) failing that we have array access out of bounds and the ol' XML errors.

I could go on, the simple fact is I paid 29.99 for a game and I have not been able to enjoy it for a single moment for fear of it generating some new crash dump and telling me im goosed, basically

I have been playing this series since pre CM-3 and I do not remember having so many (or in fact any) major problems on certain versions - these may have been there and I was too ignorant to realise but the fact this ignorance existed in the first place shows these bugs did not affect the ability for me to effectively game past 2010 (the furthest I have reached in FM09)

Now I appreciate the follow up support from SI but my question is should there even be the need for all these patches and answers from staff as the game SHOULD be playable from box (not everyone even has the internet - funny but true) with maybe minor fixes released in patch form.

I have updated the processor, added to my RAM, rebooted windows, got a new DVD-drive and even bought a new drive to act as my "C" drive in case the hard drive was corrupt and ALL this so I can get a decent game of football manager on the go. (so no, it's not my computer!) As a customer I feel severly let down by the product you have supplied me with, the afterpurchase support may be good but I don't personally feel it should even have to come that far.

I don't understand what kind of magickal testing computers you use that fail to spot the fact this happens. I saw a post on here discussing a "saved game could not be loaded" issue, the response was basically if the file was smaller then it hasnt saved correctly and the guy had no chance, the fact is that SHOULD NOT happen, this happens to me on a regular basis (hence why I believed it may be my C drive) and causes a crash dump to be generated.

I just feel this is a sad state of affairs, I use a three game rolling autosave and have no guarantee ANY of them will actually load.

To anyone who takes the time to read this I thank you.

I agree with you and was also disappointed with the state of the game. I was also disappointed with threads being deleted as it gave the sense of it's bad points being 'swept under the rug' rather than SI actually listening to it's customers. I would much rather ait that bit longer and get a playable, enjoyable game than SI bow to those pressuring them and releasing a sub-standard game. Hopefully, this will be one thread that doesn't get deleted.

I read it all :thup:

tbh, I doubt this will be deleted, as it was written in a mature manner compared to many threads on here.

I've yet to suffer any problems with loading saved games (fingers crossed) and I'm just up to 2020 in my latest game. My computer just about meets the minimum system requirements too. I must be lucky because the amount of problems I read on here is staggering.

The only issues I have atm with FM are in-game, especially the ME, where player intelligence leaves a lot to be desired (but that's a whole other story)....

I havn't had any problems with crashes and am still playing the game but it is full of bugs. The defenders and keepers are terrible nearly all goals come from their mistakes, transfers are still unrealistic, good young players are released for free, press conferences are always the same and the answers sometimes dont even make sense and theres plenty of other problems with it aswell.

Ok, I feel I have held my opinion long enough and no doubt this post will not last long before being deleted. (All hail free speech)

Did you really think it would be just you? No, it's not just you, there are plenty of others who agree with you. But we already have threads on them (and before you ask, I'd have closed this thread if it was extolling the virtues of FM09 as well).

Archived