Board Angry, HOW???

Just wondering why my board gets angry when I apply for a job at another club. I dont know how they manage to find out, it should be kept underwraps but they seem to always know when I do it, this annoys me because I like to test the water to see if any big team wants me, I have no intention of leaving my club though.

Well dont apply for other jobs then!

It shows that your not loyal to your current club and any board is going to get annoyed at it.

If you have no intention of leaving your club, you shouldnt be "testing the water".

Well dont apply for other jobs then!

It shows that your not loyal to your current club and any board is going to get annoyed at it.

If you have no intention of leaving your club, you shouldnt be "testing the water".

But how do they find out im applying for other jobs, they shouldnt have anything to do with it. Iam very loyal to the club, ive been their for 10 seasons and I just thought I would see if anyone else would want to sign me, nothing else. The way I have performed (taken BSS to League 1) should encourage them to try and keep me, not chew me out in the media.

The board always finds out. They definitely have something to do with it! Their manager is apply for other jobs. You may be loyal, but your not that loyal.

Some times you get news items saying such & such a club would want you as a manager and you get a chance to say 1. nothing 2. Declare interest 3. declare your not interested. The board rightly see it as disrespect to them, they are going to chew you out. Just looking at your reputation should be enough, the higher it is the more job offers you could get.

Plus in the modern world theres as many journos as there are players.

These people live and breath for rumours of disloyal managers... which make no mistake about it.. you are.

Ive managed the same club 99% of the time in FM and the only time ive not refused a job offer is when Scotland approached me to manage the national team, which i did at the same time as i managed my domestic team.

Since you have a contract with your current club, the other club (to which you applied to) have to buy out the remainder of your current contract, so the club will find out always.

Did you apply to a higher reputation club, a rival or what?

have you ever seen a manager annouced at a club and you're like "WOW, how, what, when did that happen?" no the press always know and your club will always find out also.

Harry Redknapp.

I did notice that if you go on holiday and apply for jobs your current club don't mention a thing!!

Plus in the modern world theres as many journos as there are players.

These people live and breath for rumours of disloyal managers... which make no mistake about it.. you are.

How do they find out? Have you never had your assman inform you, when you've surrepticiously shortlisted a player, that some unknown source has leaked your interest to the press and a load of bids may come in for him? I get that all the time!

How do they find out? Have you never had your assman inform you, when you've surrepticiously shortlisted a player, that some unknown source has leaked your interest to the press and a load of bids may come in for him? I get that all the time!

I get that all the time, and what worries me is that its still a unknown scource STILL! Tell me who it is already?!!

If i ever find out the blighter i will scalp him.

I think its the tea lady though at my club....

do they say anything if you declare interest for a big job if you're a minnow? wanna do it at MK Dons and declare interest in Blackburn (uncanny), but dont want the board to say resign now to save your face or whatever that exact message is

do they say anything if you declare interest for a big job if you're a minnow? wanna do it at MK Dons and declare interest in Blackburn (uncanny), but dont want the board to say resign now to save your face or whatever that exact message is

Im sure they will say something as your still applying for a job else were.

I had this message a couple of times telling me to resign or be sacked but I did nothing and im still employed at the same club.

Usually, if a club wants to hire you (in the game), then they'll approach you with an offer. In my experience a job offer is always preceded by a message in the inbox saying that the media's tipping you as the clubs first choice. Actually applying for jobs in the game seems to be best left for when you're unemployed.

Harry Redknapp.

I did notice that if you go on holiday and apply for jobs your current club don't mention a thing!!

Well I was actually up at the time they announced him as manager and throughout the night there was breaking news on news sites and such sites. I think they announced it about 4:50 iirc.

Archived