Rediculous Amount Of Caps At Such A Young Age

Hey Guys

Was just wondering what you thought of this player I found and if anyone else has found a young player with so many caps, i know that has attributes arent the best but I still think that it's quite an acheivement

Name: Ali Saei

Club: Manchester City

Nationality: Iranian

Caps: 58

Value: £15,000,000

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb1/jackrobo/player.jpg

My thought on player are that he's basically poo. :D

On the caps issue - its just down to the nation (Iran) having such a poor quality set of players that he was probably in the first team at 15/16. Still 58 is quite a lot even over 5 or 6 years... bizarre.

how many games have Iran played in that time???

They have played 70 games since his debut mostly due to the fact that there qualifiers from Asian cup and world cup have alot of rounds in them and Iran usually tnd to do quiet well.

Some nations play loads of internationals. I'm managing USA in 2018 and Landon Donovan has just retired from inernational football with 235 caps! DaMarcus Beasley is on 207, and Freddy Adu on 178 and he's only 28 still.

Cesc Fabregas is 21 and has played 37 times for Spain in real life. 21 more caps than that is not really a great deal more for a nation that plays a lot of games. Especially if he was an A international from about 16. Fabregas also didn't play an A international until he was 18/19.

Some of the mid-low ranked, emerging nations play a lot of friendlies. As estoo said, the USA are the same.

That probably would not happen in greater footballing nations with more resources to choose players from but thinking about it, would it not make sense that if they had some kind of wonderkid, who could dramatically improve the whole team performance, they'd start using him pretty early? And if they played loads of games, he would get loads of caps. Take a look at Walcott, he was very young when he started playing for England, if he played every matches, how many games would he get by the time he is 21?

How many caps did Rooney have when he was 21?

He's Iranian thus automatically awesome.

Attribute-wise he's ok, but it's not all about attributes.

In my FM 07 game I had a £4.5m bidding war with a defender, forget who, but he was awesome. He's now close to being sold for £23m. :(

Ladies and gentlemen, the guy is either footed! Very rare for FM09 regens remember ;)

Valid point.:thup: I've found this to be a huge bonus in my players. Because it's a relatively poor nation in footballing terms, it would be alot easier for a young player of his ability to break into the national team imo.

I live in Asia (wrong end, mind); a fair proportion of the highest-capped players in the world come from countries like Saudi Arabia and Iran. They have loads of local minor tournaments and can rack up caps evenly more cheaply than an Eriksson substitute.

lol i love the comment at the end :) very good

They have loads of local minor tournaments

Which are unfortunately not in FM, for whatever reason. I think Asia's the only confederation that has member federations, each with their own regional tournaments too. IMO I'd like to see the East Asia Cup, AFF Cup, WAFF Cup etc. in the game. They're in nations' history if they've won it IRL before but they're not competitions in-game.

I think the main reason why these players get so many caps is because there is no real competition. I'm running a medium database with only like 5 leagues loaded, and for some nations it pretty much makes the first batch of players from the 2nd season of the game automatic first choice for their international sides because of the lack of non-greyed out players. My youth goalkeeper is pretty average for someone his age (though my scouts tell me that he'll be better than my first choice keeper...) and he's already accumulated 9 caps for Nigeria (they've recently lost the final of the Cup of Nations). It's a bit ridiculous because when I saw in my inbox that the Ivory Coast manager was fired, I checked his squad and noticed he had Zokora (a dm) in goal because there were no other options.

gkfmappsbp1.png

w850.png

Archived