Best Giant Killing

Mostly in celebration of Gillinghams performance today (even though they did not win) - but, what is the best giant killing you have accomplished?? Who were you, and who'd ya beat?

I am currently in the league cup quarter final playing as woking against spurs...

Mostly in celebration of Gillinghams performance today (even though they did not win) - but, what is the best giant killing you have accomplished?? Who were you, and who'd ya beat?

I am currently in the league cup quarter final playing as woking against spurs...

I beat Man Utd is semi final of FA Cup with my BSS team St Albans, 1-0. Greatest day in the clubs history.

On FM07 it was beating Man Utd 2-1 in the league cup with Carshalton (Then in League 1). That's probably my greatest upset although I have just beaten Barcelona 2-1 as San Marino. I lost the second leg 2-0 but oh well.

isnt san marino a country or am i completely missing the point lol

Playing against Arsenal with Oxford in the Fa Cup 3rd round in FM 06. I can't remember what league we were in back then, must have been the Conference. Anyway we didn't have a single shot, on target or off target, and didn't get a single corner either. On the other hand Arsenal had about 30 shots and 10 corners, but somehow didn't score. It went to penalties and we won!

Actually having read that back, it doesn't make any sense - it must have been the FA Cup 3rd round replay, which means I must have somehow managed to draw at Arsenal, which is a cupset in itself. I'll have to check the screenie I took.

Edit: It was the League Cup, so slightly less awesome

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/5813/oxfordvsarsenalft8.png

pre-FM06 (one of the latter CM editions) and the Blue Square re-invention, my Conference side (Telford) beat Premiership West Ham, (with Joe Cole and I think Lumpard and Rio), in the FA Cup 3rd rnd! :D

more recently, my BSQ Wrexham dumped Championship Derby out of the FA Cup 3rd Rnd on pens, after a replay! Lost the 4th round tie with Championship Sheff Utd the same way though! :(

haven't had a giant killing like that since the Telford game, so was chuffed anyways! :D

Taking Go ahead eagles to the dutch cup final in the first season, we were under dogs, Ajax were 1-8 favourites to win. Two jammy long balls and a pacey winger brought me 2 goals and a victory. already having beaten PSV 2-0 in the semis. I put it down to luck and hoping for the best.

Archived