Am I Cheating?

yer id say its cheating but its your game.

anyway i was going to start a new thread but ill just write in here is it cheating to change your stats using fmrte and to change the amount of international goals and caps that i accumulated during my playing career

It aint cheating just for me doing that would make the game boring and no fun at all. At the end fo the day, Who is there to cheat? No one. It's your game and not as if the game your playing has been entered into some sort of prize winning game. So if you enjoy playing this way then good luck to you.

It's like a WoW player asking if powerlevelling is cheating.
Yeah, or this question.

Do I control my characters life in WOW?

In most cases, you don't control your characters destiny. It, controls yours.

Anyway, if you think it is cheating don't do it. Although if you like this, get that Football Director game thingy for DS

wow Wow ( wanted to put them 2 words together i know, sad) references in here thats crazy.

really it depends on how you want to play the game after all i dont see how you can get the full enjoyment out of the game without playing the match as thats were i get most enjoyment like in areas were im 1-0 down with 20 mins left i love that part of the game. but if you enjoy playing the game the way your playing then fair enough.

your kind of playing the role of football director though instead of manager as you deal with transfers and picking the team ( some football directors do this) and genral affairs simialr to what Damien Comolli (not sure if thats how you spell his name) was doing at spurs

EDIT: i just seen that lung beat me to it ...dam it!

Lets say you are either lazy or cant be bothered to control 2-3 matches due to circumstances (maybe a stressful fixture?). To speed things up, you go on holiday leaving your Ass.Man to do the job for you considering that your own tactical set up and squad selection have to be used by him.

Do you call this a cheat?

If you 'cheat' in a single player game then you're cheating no-one but yourself. For that reason you can choose to play the game however you want to get the most enjoyment out of it and no-one can tell you you're cheating. It's your game so it's up to you.

Going on a holiday is the fastest way to see whether your tactic is working. Sometimes you do it out of boredom if you have nothing to lose ;)

It would be an interesting addition if SI add 'reason for holiday' for the managers and random players. Of course, this has to be an occasional usage only. Example, Tevez took some time off for his family death a few months back.

Back to the topic, maybe its the reason that determines cheating? If your intention lies to the fact that you are only winning when your ass.man takes the job or you took many games and months off, then maybe yeah its cheating.

Maybe you could give yourself 4 weeks holiday time over the course of the year. i.e. Holiday 4 x one week stints or 2 x two week stints. Lets you holiday fixtures while keeping a shred of realism there. I holidayed half a season in one of my long term games and thatbasically set up my Gillingham side for promotion. Felt so guilty the next season (2016/2017) that I deleted the save.

I am going on holiday before matches so that my far tactically superior assistant manager can win the games for me. I played around 15 games after taking over a club in early decemeber and won only 4, so since i made him playing the games, i have started to win.

So is letting your ass.man take the games cheating?

You might as well resign from the club and just go on holiday and let the game run and run cos that's all your doing at the moment.

Archived