First Touch: Overpowered?

Just want to see what everyone else finds before I post this as a possible bug.

I've got all the european leagues running in full detail and 2 seasons in the top 5 scorers for each of the major leagues at least 4 of them have all had more than 17 for first touch and have scored almost a goal per game. Even if the rest of their stats are pretty average. One player had a first touch of 19 and finishing of 14 and was top scorer by about 10 goals...

Now obviously the team the players in has an effect and the midfielders etc. creating chances for them, but it just seems a strange co-incidence and wondering if it's the same in anyone elses game.

I think first touch makes a massive difference in 09. Watching the matches on extended highlights as I do (some of us have too much time on our hands) I often see the first touch a striker takes being crucial to the build-up of his attack/run. A neat bit of control wrong-foots the defender and then they are away.... just have to finish it now. Or smash it straight at the keeper.

Well that's the problem, pretty much any striker will end up with a few 1 on 1s but the ones with a high first touch seem to be the most prolific at putting away chances.

I'm not saying it's not an important attribute, I'm just saying it seems heavily weighted compared to other striker attributes.

Just want to see what everyone else finds before I post this as a possible bug.

I've got all the european leagues running in full detail and 2 seasons in the top 5 scorers for each of the major leagues at least 4 of them have all had more than 17 for first touch and have scored almost a goal per game. Even if the rest of their stats are pretty average. One player had a first touch of 19 and finishing of 14 and was top scorer by about 10 goals...

Now obviously the team the players in has an effect and the midfielders etc. creating chances for them, but it just seems a strange co-incidence and wondering if it's the same in anyone elses game.

Yeah i think so. I didn't want to report it in case it was already highlighted before. My players first touch is a bit hard at times, Well most of the time.

Archived