Teams investing in youth, [FM10]

Whats the chances of the tranfer system being improved to include this in FM10 or to be fixed in 9.0.3?

Currently teams will not buy any young players whatsoever, I mean like unestablished regens etc, they will wait to make big money purchases once the player has confimed his ability.

Now I know this is realistic in some ways as teams don't like to take risks, but come on, most Prem teams nowadays are signing 17/18 year olds to try and improve their quality in depth and their reserve and U18 sides.

Most teams let their team go old, there was a thread about it where somebody had taken the average ages of Chelsea and Liverpool I think it was, in ten years time an they still had Reina, Gerrard etc playing at ages and didn't have anybody to come in for them as they hadnt purchased any youth.

Also, when you scout players and you find a very, very promising regen, when was the last time you had to battle and worry about the player, and you actually had to put effort into signing them because other teams also wanted him. Never happens and is something the game really lacks.

Also, when you scout players and you find a very, very promising regen, when was the last time you had to battle and worry about the player, and you actually had to put effort into signing them because other teams also wanted him. Never happens and is something the game really lacks.

Amusing, as there was a thread the other day saying "why do the big teams always find the super regens before I do" and was complaining because even though promising youth players had never played any big games to be noticed in, they were still being snapped up by top teams.

Amusing, as there was a thread the other day saying "why do the big teams always find the super regens before I do" and was complaining because even though promising youth players had never played any big games to be noticed in, they were still being snapped up by top teams.

Yeah I read that, that seems to be fine yeah but when we are signing a player there is hardly ever any interest around the player whatsoever.

this is not true i I could use screen shots as examples but in my game especially Fulham under Mancini are buying alot of youngsters and bringing them through

Hmm, never seen it myself and I won't say your lying but I doubt they are doing it in the way I'm on about.

Like buying potentially class youngsters and blooding them through..

but then again I could be wrong.

Well i had one of my scouts at newcastle roam for players at most 18 years, and he has found some real gems, usually at places like inter ect. but there are alot at more unestablished clubs who i snap up on frees. Now my entire reserves are aged 17-22 and have decent stats with good potentials and there values range from 425k to 4.2 million.

Ignore the ones like Cigarini, bassong and carrol ect.

Abel Torres is my favourite.

fm09eu20090104223001mb0.png

w1024.png

fm09eu20090104223355lu4.png

w1024.png

Some amazing youth in there, theres a 6'6 Cb there somewher, Oh also that left back Chris buxton has long throws of 20

I signed all of them on frees aswell (albeit some compensation for some and john bostock who i had to buy)

Villareal and Valencia want De Marcos, Stoke and Reading want Mcguire, Birmingham wants Tom Milton and Celtic and Rangers want Weaver.

But your right clubs dont go out looking for good youth like irl.

I started this thread in the bugs forum: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=88608 (I did not know of this one at that point)

"In all the saves I have started so far, some spanning for over ten seasons, I have never ever seen any club buy players for the future. With that I mean under 19 years old players to put in the reservers and youth squads to use in the future. As we all know, this happens all the time in real life. One recent example being Liverpool and the 18 year old icelandic Victor Pàlsson.

Transfers like that was a part of earlier versions of FM, so my theroy is that it comes down to the horrible overrated newgens. The teams have all plenty of made up (and scary looking) young players, therefore they do not need to buy new ones. That might explain why they don´t seem to care at all when the likes of Bojan, Assulin, Welbeck or Daniel Sturridge leaves. But, again, that is only a theory.

In any case, this is an important part of football, and a realistic part of a game that is supposed to simulate football. Please look into it."

Also posed this in the other thread:

"Another thing that tell me something is wrong with the AI and the way the game looks at talent is when my board tell me that they are disappointed in my signing of Daniel Sturridge. In real life, he´s supposed to be a talent. I have signed him for the future, should not my board get that? His CA/PA in the game is:

130/165

If all transfer related AI is this stupid I understand why they are happy to free transfer "PA=180"-talents, or sell them to me for a doughnut. Or why they avoid buying talents, for that matter."

Must add, I do not want to wait for FM10 to see this fixed.

Not specifically on topic but I quite like how there are now wonderkids coming through at lower levels. In my game I picked up a player at 17 from Ferrol (Spanish 2nd Division B), and then sold him for £26M. The best part was that Ferrol, still at the same level, got £11M of that :D

Also posed this in the other thread:

"Another thing that tell me something is wrong with the AI and the way the game looks at talent is when my board tell me that they are disappointed in my signing of Daniel Sturridge. In real life, he´s supposed to be a talent. I have signed him for the future, should not my board get that?

Tried to ask about this already.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=88643

Archived