How do the numbers of staff get changed?

I'm currently with Arsenal and am allowed the following;

-23 coaches

-3 physios

-16 scouts

What will effect the staff numbers the board will let you have? At the start of this season (about my 4th) coaches went from 21 to 23. Scouts are roughly the same and physios havent changed. I have 81 players at the club if that makes any difference, cleared a lot out at the end of last season where I had around 95.

I'm currently with Arsenal and am allowed the following;

-23 coaches

-3 physios

-16 scouts

What will effect the staff numbers the board will let you have? At the start of this season (about my 4th) coaches went from 21 to 23. Scouts are roughly the same and physios havent changed. I have 81 players at the club if that makes any difference, cleared a lot out at the end of last season where I had around 95.

Im not sure how this works to be honest but I would be interested to know as my Blue Square South team are only able to have 1 coach and 1 physio which really does restrict my players growth as I cant sign a goalkeeping/fitness/youth coach. I originally thought that it had something to do with how good your facilities were but im not sure about that.

The game playing experience would be much better if the human player had more control over how to spend money. Not adding an option or two that gives the human a chance to fully control finances seems arbitrary to me. Or maybe SI want to force their customers to play the game only their way.

At Newcastle, first season, I was allowed a total of 9 coaches. Had a takeover partway through the season, a lot of money invested, and I could then have up to 23 coaches. Still allowed just the 3 physios though!

Scout allowance went up from something like 8 to 18 as well I think.

From my experience, it is the chairman stats that seem to regulate this.

I've been managing championship clubs and premier league clubs that only allowed a few coaches / scouts, while lower league clubs (BSS, BSP, CCL2) has allowed plenty, despite the lower clubs having less resources available in absolute terms (money).

Archived