penalty shootouts

Have you ever actually won one? I haven't won a single one and it's really starting to get my goat. Here's a brief history of the ones I remember so far in my career:

Man City v Bolton - FA Cup - Having hammered them for the original fixture and the replay and not scored, they knocked us out after we missed all our penalties

Man City v Real Madrid - UEFA Cup Final - After an even game they won 5-4 on penalties

Man City v Arsenal - Community Shield - Was 1-0 up until the dying seconds, they equalised, held through extra time, beat us 5-4 on penalties

Inter v Man Utd - UEFA Super Cup - Hammered them all game, couldn't score, they won 5-4 on penalties

Blackburn v Man Utd - FA Cup - After heroicly holding the mighty United at OT whilst in the Championship, we were all over them at home, couldn't score, they won 5-4 on penalties (sounding familiar by now?)

Liverpool v Chelsea - Community Shield - 1-0 to us until the last minute, they equalise, and win on penalties

Liverpool v Man City - UEFA Super Cup - Fairly even game, no score, we had the chance to score the winning penalty, missed, they eventually won 7-6

I've had it so we've had to score to stay in and missed. Had it so we could have scored to win and missed. Had it so if they scored they won, they scored. Had it so if they missed they went out, they scored. Every bloody permutation, we always lose. What the hell?!?!

Have you ever actually won one? I haven't won a single one and it's really starting to get my goat. Here's a brief history of the ones I remember so far in my career:

Man City v Bolton - FA Cup - Having hammered them for the original fixture and the replay and not scored, they knocked us out after we missed all our penalties

Man City v Real Madrid - UEFA Cup Final - After an even game they won 5-4 on penalties

Man City v Arsenal - Community Shield - Was 1-0 up until the dying seconds, they equalised, held through extra time, beat us 5-4 on penalties

Inter v Man Utd - UEFA Super Cup - Hammered them all game, couldn't score, they won 5-4 on penalties

Blackburn v Man Utd - FA Cup - After heroicly holding the mighty United at OT whilst in the Championship, we were all over them at home, couldn't score, they won 5-4 on penalties (sounding familiar by now?)

Liverpool v Chelsea - Community Shield - 1-0 to us until the last minute, they equalise, and win on penalties

Liverpool v Man City - UEFA Super Cup - Fairly even game, no score, we had the chance to score the winning penalty, missed, they eventually won 7-6

I've had it so we've had to score to stay in and missed. Had it so we could have scored to win and missed. Had it so if they scored they won, they scored. Had it so if they missed they went out, they scored. Every bloody permutation, we always lose. What the hell?!?!

Still think this goes back to the keeper stats and his concentration levels, i personally have a perfect record in shootouts 6 from 6 and my keeper isnt even that great but he has great concentration.

I've had one... I can't remember the fixture, but I won. I think it was against United.

The final score was 4-1 to me.

They missed all of theirs, except the second last one, which was useless, unless I missed all of mine...

Archived