Blue Screen#(Laptop)

Hi Fellow Fm2009 Users

Im having Some Problems wid my Fm2009 on Laptop

i manager Colchester United In League 2 its my 3rd Managers Job

1st= Aston Villa(1 Season)

2nd = FC Dallis(MLS) 20 dys

3rd Colchester United

I managed to Get them out of the relegation zone and into 11th final position in my half season in taking the job

2nd season i have become the season like my dream one i am 2nd in the coca leage 1 for promotion at the mo but sometimes i play 3 or 4 matches and im gonna win my match then the screen goes mysticaly blue for a few seconds and then restarts my laptop im get really annoyed at it when i dont save the data but i ave mostly tried to save the data every match for this thing to start happening

ne ideas on how to stop the game from restarting

Thanks

Chris

Blue screens (or blue screens of death) are usually related to a hardware malfunction, my guess is that your computer is overheating and therefore is shutting down the motherboard, try a cooling pad or something to get the temp down.

I wouldn't go re-installing Windows. If it's an overheating or memory problem, then it won't solve anything.

The stop code will come up on the blue screen. Make sure you turn automatic restart off like craigy said and next time it goes to a blue screen, write down the code that is on it.

Just sounds like it's overheating to me, and shutting itself down. I've had overheating problems on a PC, before, and had no BSOD; the PC would just cut out.

I'm far from any sort of expert but your system specs sound very close to the knuckle for FM, and you are 3 seasons in so the game is getting bigger. Essentially your laptop may just be struggling to run FM, and when it gets too hot it turns itself off to avoid damage.

You seem to be running a few leagues (at least England and US from your game details). Are you running a small or large database and/or any more leagues?

You need to cool it down or run a much smaller game. If the laptop only shuts down with FM then FM is too demanding.

If I were you I'd go to the tech help forums, post your problem there and get the best help possible.

if it truly isn't a BSOD then the way it's going suggests to me it's possibly a problem with the Graphics card drivers - run DXDIAG (start/run/'DXDIAG'), go to the display panel, note down the Name and google it and 'drivers' - choose the result from your card manufacturers website (name of manufacturer is under the card name) and download the latest driver for it. Won't do any harm even if it doesn't solve the problem.

this happened to me whilst watching 3d. i wasnt really bothered about watching the games in classic 2d so i unticked 3d engine in preferences in the game. i cant watch 3d now but like i said before it doesnt really bother me.

other solution would be to get a better laptop.

Archived