Gary Sweeney recurring regen

In FM 2007 I was playing a long career with Man Utd and up through the youth system popped a young Swedish star that became the best player of his generation called Gary Sweeney. He was one of the best midfielders I have ever seen in the game.

Now in FM 2009, in a long career with Portsmouth, I sign (from Osasuna) a 17-year-old Swedish midfielder that turns out to be the best of his generation called Gary Sweeney.

I thought regens were completly random and think there is no possible way that this is a coincidence.

Can't you check that with the personality part in the scout/coach reports? (They're usually very strange.)

I don't think every staff member in the game has a strange personality, could be wrong though :)

I don't think every staff member in the game has a strange personality, could be wrong though :)

Pretty sure that only a select number actually have odd personalities, most of the ones that have appeared in my game seem relatively normal compared to Ter's for example :D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi .

I also had this regen in 08 or 07 cant remember , however i accidentaly found him on 2010. He's 24 when i got him in season 2015/16 (when i saw his stats i had to buy him ) and was extremely cheap , like 2-3 mil or something.

I found him playing thanks to my epic scouts scouting Championship (believe it or not) , he was playing in Portsmouth and was by far best player all the time.

Played him only 3 games this season (it just started) and he can play basically anything other than striker , maybe even that if trained cuz of his insane stats. By doing faceinthegame i found out he actually is an employee of SI.

Here's a screenie , definitely a must by , however do wait till hes at least 23-24 .

2ros7bc.jpg

Decent Leicester (CCC) striker in 2020.

A few of the faceinthegame have got good tho.

Carey Hickling - Decent Everton player (must have very good hidden stats)

Ehsan Zamani - Dutch international for AZ Alkmaar

Jamie Wire - Scottish international, Aston Villa Reservist

Eugene Sankey - Nigerian international for Lille

Paulo - Heerenveen

Pierre Le Van - Guinean international for AJ Auxerre

Guillen - Racing

Malte Bunje - Polish international for Nurnberg

They'd have got away with it if it wasn't for you pesky kids.

LOL nice one :thup::D

Hes a striker in my game, pretty average. Only good for lower leagues.

Has one talent though, he can speak:

Swedish, English, Finnish, Norwegian and Danish

All Danes, Swedes and Norwegians in the game have each others' languages set because the languages are so similar that you can often understand what a Swede or a Norwegian is saying and they understand if you reply in Danish, for example. Some Swedish people also speak Finnish (I even think they're called Finnish-Swedes and they live in/come from northern parts of Sweden) and he happens to be one of them :) most Finns also speak/understand Swedish or basic Swedish.

Archived