Player set to stay following his recent arrival??

Hi everyone..

I'm playing with Queens Park Rangers, and I'm trying to sell Rowan Vine..

On his history screen it says he's been playing for the club since the start of 2007, I'm now in August 2008..

And when I transferlisted him and offered him up, I get this message in my inbox:

"Vine set to stay following his recent arrival.

Vine's reluctance to leave following his recent arrival seems to have put clubs off from making offers."

Is this a bug or something, and how do I go around this??

I've had this as well with players that have been at clubs for a year before I joined, it may be a bug but I put it down to the fact the players I had offered out hadn't played many games and therefore felt they hadn't been given a chance, not sure if this is the case but I would have a look in the bugs forum nonetheless mate :thup:

I've had this as well with players that have been at clubs for a year before I joined, it may be a bug but I put it down to the fact the players I had offered out hadn't played many games and therefore felt they hadn't been given a chance, not sure if this is the case but I would have a look in the bugs forum nonetheless mate :thup:

I'll do that, and thanks for the reply..

EDIT: And the board wouldn't allow me to release him on a free either, so I have to options..

1. Let him rot in the reserves a year.. 2. Use an in-game editor to make his contracts expire the next day..

1 or 2?

EDIT: And the board wouldn't allow me to release him on a free either, so I have to options..

1. Let him rot in the reserves a year.. 2. Use an in-game editor to make his contracts expire the next day..

1 or 2?

Well 2 is cheating, so I'd go with 1.

1 or 2?

Personally, I would go for option 1, unlike rhacer I don't consider option 2 cheating, you are free to play the game however you please, but I prefer to play things out without the use of editors

At the end of the day, your choice mate, if you really can't stand him, edit him out, if you don't mind him stinking up your reserves, stick him there

if you leave him in the reserves then he will request a transfer and then when you accept it people will bid and you can offer him out beacuase he wants to leave.i did i signed a striker for my genoa team but he just couldnt do it for the team so i put him in reserves and sold him bout 8 months after i bought him

if you leave him in the reserves then he will request a transfer and then when you accept it people will bid and you can offer him out beacuase he wants to leave.i did i signed a striker for my genoa team but he just couldnt do it for the team so i put him in reserves and sold him bout 8 months after i bought him

Okay, I'll do what you guys said...

Archived