Import photograph

When starting a new game or adding a new manager, the option to add a picture is at the top right of the screen when using the advanced mode, you need to exit the wizard to do this. IIRC there is a way to add it in at a later date, but I can't remember off the top of my head

Go into preferences and tick the "unique ID" box. Write down the number under your manager.

Find the picture of yourself that you want and resize it to 140x180. Save it as a PNG, named the number above.

Create a "graphics" folder in your My Docs\SI\FM directory. Within that graphics directory create a "picture" directory.

Paste your png picture into that directory.

With notepad create a config.xml file. Edit it to say :

<record>
<list>
<record from="xxx" to="graphics/pictures/person/xxx/portrait"/>
</list>
</record>

Replacing xxx in both cases with the number that you wrote down earlier.

Reload FM, untick "Use skin cache" and "show unique IDs". Tick "reload on confirm". Hit confirm.

Done and dusted :D

VB

At Dan:

Launch Football Manager 2009. When loaded go straight into game preferences from the intro screen. Click on 'Display and Sound' on the tree menu. Make sure that you tick the check box on the page called 'Always Reload Skin on Confirm' and un-tick then box saying 'Use Skin Cache'. Now press confirm on the tree menu. There should be a box that pops up saying 'loading image data for the new skin'. Once this is done your graphics should be working within the game. You may want to quit the game and reload it - just to be sure.

To select a skin you've added choose it from the drop down menu in preferences and press confirm. Other graphics do not need choosing to enable them. You do not need to start a new save game for graphics to work.

Once you're sure your graphics have worked go into preferences again and change the tick boxes back to how they were if you wish (doing so will speed up the game load times).

From radestock's guide in the skinning forum

VonBlade , after setting up a new skin an evrything , do you need to start a new game? Cause my current game th skin hast changed , and i dont fancy spending 15 minutes uploading a new save just to see a skin, Thanks ahead

No, you don't. :)

• 3 months later...
Go into preferences and tick the "unique ID" box. Write down the number under your manager.

Find the picture of yourself that you want and resize it to 140x180. Save it as a PNG, named the number above.

Create a "graphics" folder in your My Docs\SI\FM directory. Within that graphics directory create a "picture" directory.

<record>
<list>
</list>
</record>

Reload FM, untick "Use skin cache" and "show unique IDs". Tick "reload on confirm". Hit confirm.

VB

thank you mate!

<record>
<list>
</list>
</record>

VB

Sorry whats the number that u replace the xxx with mate?

Your unique ID number replaces xxx. Turn on Unique ID's in the preferences section, click confirm and when you click on your manager profile it will come up :)

ok i done that but its still aint working :(

ive following all the instructions! i dunno wat else to do

• 7 months later...

Archived