Can club debt actually be fully paid off?

I am Man Utd and in the fourth season of my game, I am quite successful and have over £100m in the bank,

my question is can the clubs debt actually be paid off? Because the original sum has not decreased whatsoever, is it just that it will remain as showing the full amount til its actually paid off or should it be decreasing?

I'm currently in the year 2019 with a holiday game. I'm doing that because I'm thinking of doing a story for FMS about taking over Liverpool just as they become debt-free. The have £2.5Million left to pay and that will be gone by 22nd October 2019, iirc.

Man Utd's debt it substantially higher, so will take much longer to pay off, but it will decrease (eventually)...

The repayments are pretty small and I think the game rounds the debt up, so you won't notice it coming down rapidly. It is coming down though.

Wee Aja- have you had a poke around in FMS to check out some of the existing stories? That may help with your story.

The reson it does not decrease as you are paying it is because it is the principal. The interest is included in the instalments you have to pay back and that comes to more than the principal you see. So for example if Liverpool have a debt of £245m they really owe a lot more than that.

Archived