In process of board takeover

I am Leeds and in the 3rd season the chairman status says in process of a board takeover and a news item said a mystery tycoon was looking to invest huge sums of money into the club. I am not getting my hopes up of this happening as it has never happened to me in the past, any idea how long this in process will last? I take it that it can take a long time for whoever to complete the takeover.

Thought it might take a bit of time, the only news item was about a tycoon looking to takeover and then it said in process of board takeover. I hate hard decisions the clbu has a balance of £9 million but a budget of £18 million gotta think how much to spend now, I doubt Makukula and Beckford can fire me to survival lol.

leedsunitedhv2.jpg

w590.png

The transfer embargo has been placed and its July 5th and that is my team, paper thin for now the new owners have promised £40 million for transfers if the deal goes through. Trouble is if it isnt through before the transfer window we might be beyond avoiding the drop by Jan.

In my latest game, the take over process start in July 2010 and the transfer embargo started near the end of that month (lucky most of my transfers were done by then). It's now Jan 2011 and the bloody process is still going on. There is absolutely no news items about it at all in the last few months. Again lucky all my players worked out fine so i didn't need to buy any new players in the Jan transfer window. I just hope the take over will complete soon, before the next transfer window finish!

I had similar with Leeds, Tycoon and mine ended towards the ended in August but there wasn't much time for transfers!

But my Tycoon who tookover Leeds pumps money into the club all the time and is currently expanding my stadium in his second season as chairman

i wish mine will turn out to be a tycoon. In my last game with Leeds (before i patch the game to 9.2) the club was taken over by Peter Lorimer and there was sod all difference.

Mind you, the bad thing of having a tycoon as chairman is that he might be over ambition and demand to win the title in the first season!

My tycoon took over and I was already only expected to try and aviod relegation and second I am expected mid table or top half, so it's a bit of a jump but not too extreme. The money I've got seems to be spent on stadium and training facilities and pumped in the club accounts but not really given in transfer funds which is a bit annoying, however its probally more transfer money than Bates would of given me!

Bates didn't give me much. But I have spent less than a millions quids in three seasons and on course to take Leeds back in the EPL :) [/boasting mode]

lol good luck. Its actually my girlfriends game and she has spent 650k and got back to back promotions to the premier league.

The takeover took less than a month from the transfer embargo to it actually happening. I didnt get anymore money but now they boosted the bank balance to £51 million and improved the facilities of the club. Means I can spend the £9 million budget that I got left from the beginning of the season. I am hoping this tycoon pumps some more money in and we can get some decent players in as the first season is going to be a real struggle to avoid the drop.

In my Hyde game (while i was fighting for promotion to premier league) I had a take over by fans trust go on for about 4 months (Jan - May) before it fell apart for good. Board enforced a trading ban through it all.

Won the promotion anyways since i was largely set with players. Subsequent to the promotion to premier league, i again went through a takeover (this time by an existing director). No transfer ban this time. Took about 3 months to complete.

Post the take over, the new Chairman kindly informed me that there would be no additional investment (despite the fact that i was playing in a 6000 seat stadium in the premier league). On top of that, the bugger actually to a 7million dividend (this from a club struggling to stay in top league), which was something the old chairman never did. Didnt really offer me any new increase in transfer money either.

Any in game way to fire your chairman?

In FM08, I was the Arsenal manager. After a disappointing first season(Finishing fourth, and only beating Bolton there by 1 point. If I hadn't been playing Bolton themselves(with me at home), I would probably have finished 5th.)

So, I wanted out. I applied for the job at Torino, but they were going through a board takeover. I persisted, and was willing to wait, as it was a job I was looking forward to.

I had applied for this at the end of the Transfer Window(So about 28th August or something), and by 25th July, the next year, they were still in a takeover.

Then, after the new board came in, they turned me down... Arsenal sacked me for trying to get out of the Arsenal job...

people talk about taking Hyde to the EPL, are you cheating?

I have cheated some. following is the list that i can recall:

I have one save/reload of a game after a loss to convert it into a win (in about 10 seasons).

I also use in game player stats extensively (considered a cheat by most LLM)

And i sign players based on stats only to circumvent restriction on international scouting early on.

goodluck in keeping your job - although a tycoon might sound great i was leeds got them to prem got taken over 59 million for transfers - replaced by steve staunton

Save the game regularly when this happens. Whether you stay or go is completely random.

Archived