Start of season expectations

Does anybody else think there should be an option in between 'Continental Qualification' and 'Title Challenge'? I ask this becuase is seems that the game would be more realistic if you could say at the start of the season the minimum expectation for the season was either 'qualify for the Uefa Cup', 'qualify for the Champions League', or 'Title Challenge' rather than just the first and last options...

For example, when beginning a game with Arsenal, the board tell you the minimum expectation for the first season is Champions League qualification. However, the only options you can choose from are 'Continental Qualification', 'Title Challenge' or 'Title winner'. If you select Continental Qualification should be possible the minimum expectation drops down to qualifying for the Uefa Cup, something that would seem a failure if achieved by the manager of Arsenal. However, if you then choose Title Challenge you have to finish very close to the leaders to not come under pressure...it seems there should be a minimum expectation of simply getting champions league football for your club without having to come close to the leaders. This seems like the next step up for teams like Aston Villa and Tottenham rather than going from Uefa Cup qualification straight to finishing only a few points behind the leaders which is unrealistic...

Does anyone else share these views? Any responses would be much appreciated.

That's a good call on both of your parts....

I agree with the initial post, little things like this can make a big difference (to me anyway), and if you could discuss this pre-season, or pre-job interview, i think that it would be a great addition....

For instance, could you imagine not getting a job because you think Uefa Cup qualification is more likely, but the man who matters thinks the club should be aiming higher? It'd make it very interesting, and maybe people that get bored with the question and answer part would get into it a bit more.

I know I have gone a little off the topic there, but I like the idea that you've both said

Thanks for the replies, I agree it would make the game better but to be honest for a game thats so detailed and realistic i cant believe they've overlooked having champions league qualification as a minimum expectation yet again! For a player who likes to play as the likes of Aston Villa and Tottenham, i feel a big element of realism is lost when the minimum expectation for the season has to jump from Uefa Cup qualification straight to finishing a few points behind the leaders....

Archived