REALLY BAD BUG IN THE GAME

I've noticed an annoying bug.

any players whose names you have edited go wrong on reloading a saved game.. for example there is a youth player in the Sheff Wed Called Rocky Lekaj, however its spelt wrong on FMH (spelt as Lekej), so I used the editor to change it. On reloading his name only appears as Rocky. I'd also added a few mates into the game and on reloading my saved game their name is just blank.

can the FMH team comment on this please

I've noticed an annoying bug.

any players whose names you have edited go wrong on reloading a saved game.. for example there is a youth player in the Sheff Wed Called Rocky Lekaj, however its spelt wrong on FMH (spelt as Lekej), so I used the editor to change it. On reloading his name only appears as Rocky. I'd also added a few mates into the game and on reloading my saved game their name is just blank.

can the FMH team comment on this please

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mightyowl28:

not seen that one yet...

you seen the bug im talking about? it was really annoying when I discovered it. seems we may not be able to edit players names withouth them going wrong later in the game icon_frown.gif

hopefully Marc can work his magic on it... icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just searched for Rocky and his surname has gone back to 'Lekej'

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mightyowl28:

his name just shows as Rocky now on my saved game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Strange, maybe i missed hi out of my changes file then.

try making a totally new player in the game. overwrite some conference withyourself foe example. check its worked and your in the game, save your game, quit FMH, then reload the saved game and see what happens to yourself...

let me know, cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll try this tomorrow and see what happens icon_smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

I can confirm this appears to be a problem in the games editing functionality currently and I would suggest not changing any player names for this reason (everything else appears to work reliably).

Apologies for any inconvenience,

Marc

Archived