Players Being Unhappy For No Reason

I'm managing Getafe and although we have done well the first three seasons we just about got uefa cup every year. This year some of my youngsters have progressed and we are now thrashing every team in league except real, barca and a few others (who we are getting draws and narrow wins)

The point is that finally after 4 years in charge we are in a good position we are starting to cement the top spot in the year. It's actually the first time we have been top in the four years I've been in charge. We are also doing well in the copa del rey and the uefa cup.

Then suddenly without warning my main center back decided that he wanted to leave and achieve more at another club. This doesn't make any sense.

First off it was totally out of the blue without any warning.

Secondly he's been featured in 90% of my games this season.

Thirdly we are top of the league and doing better than any other club in the league this year

Why would he stick around without a peep for four years while we steadily achieve european football but then as soon as we start challenging for the league title, he decides he wants out.

Surely this doesn't make anysense.

Maybe the pressure (you are leading the table now and he is playing 90% so he is a important factor) gets to him. Or it is a way to get a new, better, contract.

Otherwise I have no other clue to explain this

Maybe the pressure (you are leading the table now and he is playing 90% so he is a important factor) gets to him. Or it is a way to get a new, better, contract.

Otherwise I have no other clue to explain this

I'd offer him a new contract but now he is looking at other options and he wants to move to bigger clubs with more pressure.

I guess I'm just upset that my star defender wants to leave for no reason

Archived