Activation Issues (Still)

Im still having activation issues, I thought I had done it when I went through the ridiculous number of fixes that are on the sigames website, but now it has started asking for my activation code again, only this time none of the "fixes" work.. Im positive that I have the right keycode and I get error -51, so I follow the steps shown for error -51 and arrive at error -51 again, unable to play the game... Any suggestions? I cant find where to PM JMordetsky or Muzchap...

If you follow the steps for error [-51] here and they do not work, then ensure:

• C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data is not set to read only.
  • Also check that C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive and C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate are not set to read only!
  • Another way it could happen is if there is another instance of FM.exe or Activator.exe holding onto our certificate. In this case - check the process list to see if another instance of FM.exe is open. If so - close it first.

Archived