Squad Harmony

This has probably come up loads of times but I need help.

Im AFC Wimbledon in the Blue Square South, in my first year.

I was doing alright, and had a pretty good team settled down and in good form, but recently some players who thought they should be in the team handed in transfer requests which i felt i should accept as they don't really feature in my plans anyway, but no-one wants to buy them either.

But now it seems that their attitude has brought the whole team down and we cant seem to get many points.

So basically how can i get my squad harmony back up so i can start moving up the league again :D

The players who are the root of the unhappiness (who you cant sell) would be causing the whole squad to be unhappy. It is a rub off effect. A few are unhappy, others are unhappy because they are unhappy...

You could free transfer/mutual termination of their contracts??

In my experience lack of squad harmony comes more often if I have a team with lots of "difficult" players. I had West Ham and didnt manage to sell Bellamy, Bowyer and Dyer quick enough and they were quite a handful which I'm sure was one of the reason my squad had lack of harmony. One unhappy player will definitely make other players disgruntled easily.

Having easier players with similar personalities is important. Obviously gelling means a lot so having lot of new players can be difficult especially if they are difficult to handle and cant speak the same language as the others. In one of my game Daniel Sturridge is a very popular personnel in the team and he's resilient so he's very easy to handle and likable. Before buying players make the scout assess if they'd fit into the team personality wise.

Sometimes its difficult to understand players' personality and see if they have low personal attributes (pressure, controversy etc) but a good tip is to check your ass man pre match analysis to see if they're having problems blending in the squad and if they cant handle pressure or are over confident. Sometimes youngsters could have problems blending in with players from main squad even though they've been in the team for a long time.

Giving more positive teamtalk when morale is low is also very important. Also, try to remember your halftime teamtalk and praise players you gave harsh teamtalk if they did improve ratings, even if you lost the game. Just imagine in real life, if you were just tored a new asshole in halftime and then worked your butt off in 2nd half for a better performance and if would get tored a new one again, you wouldnt feel to well about it, especially during away games. So try to praise players when they improve their **** 1st half performance.

However be careful with external players interaction. A player with low morale might have difficulty handling pressure so if you would try to boost his morale by telling media he has played well it might be a very wrong move.

Sometimes it might be good to just buy some very likable player for your squad even though he would only be a bench player at best. For example a backup experienced keeper with very good personality for dressing room harmony.

I'm in season 5 now, and this has happened to me every year so far.

There are always 2 or 3 players in the reserves or on the bench who think they should be in the team on a regular basis. By two thirds through the season, their moaning (to the other players and to the press) gets everybody else down and performances drop considerably.

I've not found a way to stop it, but getting rid of them (by any means available) helps.

I end up giving them playing time in some of the cups, but this means sending out a weaker side so it isn't really a solution. It seems to buy some more time though.

• 1 month later...

i have a major problem now. i have low squad harmony and all the players that are unhappy think they deserve 1st team football. but they dont understand that they are stars for the future and want to move and i dont want to sell them as they will be amazing. also no-one seems to come in for them on loan or they feel they are too important to be loaned. some players are ******. i really want to keep these players but they think they should be 1st team but they arent good enough yet and are dragging squad harmony down

btw i cardiff in the 2010/2011 season in december and i am currently 4th and i am really worried it will drag down senior players performance

i have a major problem now. i have low squad harmony and all the players that are unhappy think they deserve 1st team football. but they dont understand that they are stars for the future and want to move and i dont want to sell them as they will be amazing. also no-one seems to come in for them on loan or they feel they are too important to be loaned. some players are ******. i really want to keep these players but they think they should be 1st team but they arent good enough yet and are dragging squad harmony down

btw i cardiff in the 2010/2011 season in december and i am currently 4th and i am really worried it will drag down senior players performance

Please do not player name. You should check our Rules. I have edited them our for you.

Archived