Best game i've ever had on any edition of FM ever

I always do my big long career files with Lazio and I just had the most thrilling game ever..

It was my 4th league game into my 1st season, upagainst Inter Milan away, i told the players the pressue was off as I though I had no chance of conquering Jose Mourinho's worldbeating titans and outwit the special one tactically. Within the first few minutes bad boy Lorenzo De Silvestri got his 2nd red card of the season.. on his 3rd start. I was about to give up when we went 1-0 down, Esteban Cambiasso coming in from a beautiful Quaresma cross and heading in, exploiting the weakened right hand side.. but alas, I continued on, making sure to tell Kolarov to not go forward, stay back and make sure Quaresma doesn't race past him again. I trekked on and made ample chances for myself which I found surprising, my assistant Massimo Neri commenting that the players were giving it their all in their closing down and tackling.

I told the lads to relax at half-time, thinking we were well and truly beaten, but told them not to give up - keep attacking, but the majority to stay back defending, only Riquelme and Pandev to go forward... into the 2nd half and Riquelme made some trademark killer through balls for Pandev to run onto who was working as a sole striker and target man, but Julio Cruz kept denying him in one on one situations as much as he tried. So I thought, bring on the other newboy who was just back from injury - Mauro Zarate.. It turned out this was a stroke of genius as it was Mauro who delivered the cute little pass onto Pandev, which in turn led to another missed one on one - only this time it rebounded out to Riquelme for him to easily blast into the back of an open net from 20 yards out...

But that was not the end of it.. i instantly told the boys to go ultra defensive but kept riquelme and pandev up front to get onto any long balls.. Inter dominated the last 15 minutes until subtitue Simone Del Nero's freekick was poorly cleared to Mutarelli who blasted it from 25-30 yards out into the top corner leaving the home fans stunned and the away fans in rapture

Then the cheek of it, the referee decided to add 8 minutes of injury time! No doubt bribed considering what league this is... but it was really time to go all out defense, so an impenetrable human wall was basically formed around the area leaving the lone ranger Pandev up at the front to latch onto any clearences and timewaste... we pulled on to the end with Inter getting nowhere, sending their entire team up against ours in the box. Then the referee decided to add a further 2 minutes ontop of the 8 minutes! We held on and on, the fans in the away stand where going insane in anticipation of the final whistle..

...in the 100th minute the ball falls to Marco Materazzi who rejected the chance to move to Lazio in the summer and he blasts it right over the bar.. the final whistle goes at last

1-2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah hes quality, I was hoping Liverpool would sign him in the summer but instead we got stuck with Keane :(

I was jumping up and down doing some Martin O' Neil style celebrations while I played yes :) hahaha

Yeah hes quality, I was hoping Liverpool would sign him in the summer but instead we got stuck with Keane :(

I was jumping up and down doing some Martin O' Neil style celebrations while I played yes :) hahaha

:D Keane is a quality player, but Zarate is much better.

Don't ever mention that man "O'neill" to me ever again (I'm a brum fan)

Archived