Doing a 'Sol Campbell'

Has anyone tried jumping ship to your club's biggest rivals?

I am playing as Barca and I plan to jump ship to Real Madrid when Schuster gets sacked...probably have to wait quite long though since they win something every season :(

I thought this might be about something completely different. :p

Yup, I've jumped ship before. Moved from Djurgardens IF to IFK Goteburg. Also moved from Torino to Juventus and Inter to Milan ...

Do the boards ever reject your application if you are managing a rival? I guess they would in real life at least some of the time ..

I thought this might be about something completely different. :p

Yup, I've jumped ship before. Moved from Djurgardens IF to IFK Goteburg. Also moved from Torino to Juventus and Inter to Milan ...

Do the boards ever reject your application if you are managing a rival? I guess they would in real life at least some of the time ..

Well, a move from Djurgården to IFK Göteborg isn't that bad... Different cities and all. From Djurgården to Hammarby or AIK would be way worse.

Apparently, in FM08 when you left a club you managed, you automatically went onto their disliked list no matter what circumstances you left in; not sure if that's still in FM09, but I'd like the game to recognise such an act of betrayal!

When managing england a few FMs ago we were in the European Championship final against the Czech Rep. Before the match, the Czechs offered me the job. Ignoring that they aren't Scotland or Germany (or Argentina), that would've been the ultimate betrayal (or dumb move if I lost), however I didn't take it up. They had offered it a couple of times before too.

Also, Petr Cech has just moved to Liverpool from Chelsea on a free in my game after letting his contract run down (FM 2007 - 2014/15 pre-season).

Apparently, in FM08 when you left a club you managed, you automatically went onto their disliked list no matter what circumstances you left in; not sure if that's still in FM09, but I'd like the game to recognise such an act of betrayal!

In 09 if you leave your favoured club, they simply stop being your favoured club. :mad:

Well, a move from Djurgården to IFK Göteborg isn't that bad... Different cities and all. From Djurgården to Hammarby or AIK would be way worse.

Well you're the expert! :) IFK are listed as 'rivals' rather than 'fierce rivals' in the game so you are right, not so bad. :thup:

Archived