Ipod..LET IT BE!

well, a ipod touch for example, it would be listed as a game app but it wouldnt be like the pc version of course, something still entertaining but aomething that could fit ob a 16 or 32 gb capacity...

i do.......But ther clearly must be some way, with the outmost of technology that we have, and it would be a really small version of it....really small......and maybe even simulation instead of the 2-d engine.

No. You don't. You know that some people can't even get Football Mabager to run on their computers, and considering that computers are ridiculously more powerful than a phone or iPod, do you really think it would work?

Hint: The answer is no.

No. You don't. You know that some people can't even get Football Mabager to run on their computers, and considering that computers are ridiculously more powerful than a phone or iPod, do you really think it would work?

Hint: The answer is no.

Well it wouldn't be the exact same version, it'd have to be a watered down version obviously, but technically there's no reason "a" version of FM couldn't be on an iPod. I'm not a fan though, my iPod is strictly for music, podcasts and videos - I can't imagine playing a game on it.

If there were to be any form of FM on the iPhone I'd prefer it not to be a game in its own-right, but a tool for your PC/MAC save. I could imagine some people looking at their tactics, fixture lists, transfer options, training etc on their phone on the way home from work/to school etc.

Feed that addiction.

Well it wouldn't be the exact same version, it'd have to be a watered down version obviously, but technically there's no reason "a" version of FM couldn't be on an iPod. I'm not a fan though, my iPod is strictly for music, podcasts and videos - I can't imagine playing a game on it.

I play games on my iphone all the time when i'm bored! On the train to london, going abroad and need somethign to do, waiting for something or someone :D

May i just add, i really like this smiley face - :D - It loooks really good.

well i have a ipod touch but to be honest i dont know if i would want to pay what 5 pound maybe for it on my ipod. i dont know if i could get into true manager mode so to speak on the ipod. i rememeber buying the game on my mobie a few years ago for college i played on it twice and just couldnt get into the game. i think perhaps it somthing what needs to stick to pc's and laptops. but ofcourse it the powers that be wanted to make some more money they probaly could release a version of it maybe with a classic ME and no 2d ME i dont know what the specs for that woud have to be. personally though i just dont think you can beat playing on fm for hours on your pc/laptop transifxed on the game weather you coulddo this on a small ipod touch screen remains questionable.

• 1 year later...

as quoted by Marc Vaughan from the FM handheld section of forum

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce that there are now 'Lite' versions of Football Manager Handheld iPhone available for people to try.

These are basically 'demo' versions in a similar vein to those available upon other platforms, you can play for a set 'game time' period (two months and a bit in this case) before the demo ends, which should allow you to get a feel for the game and whether you like it.

Hope this helps,

Marc

NB. You CAN transfer your save game from the Lite version to the full version of the game if you purchase it. To do this purchase the full version of the game, then restart the Lite version and select 'Load Game' - instead of loading it select 'Export'.

The device will now do some magic (if you see both FMH and FMH Lite apps starting and restarting don't panic this is normal, its transferring data between the two).

Archived