Reserves in leagues with no reserve schedule...

I didn't want this to get lost in the wishlist topic so I am posting it here. Sorry if this is the wrong place, but the reserve situation in my current game is a little tiresome and I want this noticed as a future suggestion. If any mods feel it needs to moved then that's fair if it gets taken into consideration.

----

I think that FM10 needs to include some changes for teams without a reserve squad or whose reserves haven't been invited to a reserve league. There's also the situation where a country has no reserve league.

You end up playing a lot of friendlies which can take time to arrange and, in countries with no reserve team, you can not allocate players eligible for reserve matches so that an assistant can manage the games.

This is all just to keep back up player's match fitness up.

FM10 needs to include some arrangement to speed this up, such as:

1. Have a reserve squad even if there's no reserve league.

2. Have no reserve squad but be able to set players to be eligible for friendlies, or not. Having a reserve squad would be, I'm sure, easier.

3. Devise some means by which managers can pick a number of non-league and unplayable teams to select reserve/first team squads to play in a local reserve league. For instance if I was Bournemouth, and had no reserve league, I would select the Dorset based Wessex league teams (Wimborne, Poole, Bournemouth Poppies etc), and others, and the game would devise a fixture list for my reserves.

I don't know how this works with non-playable leagues and promotion/relegation through the in game pyramid, so I suggest reserves.

You'd then have regular games and no need to arrange them yourself. Essentially it's an update to the friendly tournament creater, but not games every day and longer.

----

My current save is in Slovenia with Koper. I have no reserve team and there is no reserve league in the country. All there is is an U18 league.

I have a squad that is large enough to cover injuries and suspensions, but obviously not everyone is good enough to play every game. I would normally keep back up players in the first team and make them eligible for the reserves. Naturally I can't do that.

I am currently arranging friendlies when I can, but I then have to manage those friendlies, as opposed to selecting my assistant to manage friendly fixtures, otherwise he will just select everyone and they will be tired for league fixtures.

It also gets rather tiring having to find local teams in the country you are in, if you are not familiar with it. I could use any team but there is travel costs to take into account, I assume, so I stick to local teams.

It'd all be so much simpler if I had a league to play back ups in. Maybe this is the situation in Slovenia but at least a Slovenian club manager could play training matches to up fitness and could communicate who plays with his assistant.

----

Any thoughts?

Good points well made.

Thanks.

One point I forgot to add is that I think it would be fun to play around and create your own reserve league.

It could also be the first step on the ladder to letting us create our own leagues.

Archived