Away From Home

why is the game coded in a way were its just automatically harder to play away from home, and not dependent on the players mentality etc, its just strange how you can play an utterly rubbish side away, but they can play like brazil 1970 on steriods cos there the home team, surely this is a load of shiote

thoughts?

why is the game coded in a way were its just automatically harder to play away from home, and not dependent on the players mentality etc, its just strange how you can play an utterly rubbish side away, but they can play like brazil 1970 on steriods cos there the home team, surely this is a load of shiote

thoughts?

It's not neccessarily. Team talks etc can help a huge amount. Imagine playing against a poor club with a really hostile aggressive crowd, for example; you might need that little extra to inspire your team to keep their focus.

It's very rare in real life that a team ever plays exactly the same style both at home and away, because the home advantage (of the crowd etc.) can have such a huge effect on the mentality of the players.

Tbf, I think the game coding is quite accurate.

Have a look through any teams season and you'll find that the home results better the away ones.

Home advantage can play a big part no matter how poor the host team are. You only need to ask Chelsea fans about their FA Cup trip to Barnsley.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Genuine_quality:

why is it when anbody questions an anolmoly in the game, people always refer to one of chance encounters as a rule rather than an exception </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find me any good examples of a team consistantly matching or surpassing their home performances at away venues, then.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Genuine_quality:

why is it when anbody questions an anolmoly in the game, people always refer to one of chance encounters as a rule rather than an exception </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think people have given a perfectly balance response here, I'm not sure what your problem is.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hershie:

Find me any good examples of a team consistantly matching or surpassing their home performances at away venues, then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To refer to 'one of chance encounters', Portsmouth have won more away games than home games this season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hershie:

Find me any good examples of a team consistantly matching or surpassing their home performances at away venues, then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To refer to 'one of chance encounters', Portsmouth have won more away games than home games this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually thinking about it, Watford probably have too. Not looked at statistics/tables, but their home form has been shocking.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

To refer to 'one of chance encounters', Portsmouth have won more away games than home games this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

York City have won more away from home than at home the last two seasons.

Archived