Advice Please!

I know i only play fm 2006 but any input would be appreciated! I have a feeling in advance that your going to tell me im screwed and i need to sell about 5 players but maybe some of you have some further knowledge which can help me. This is my first ever game of football manager im barnet (worst team in the entire league according to my coaches at the start of the game) everything is going swimmingly except the finances i am in my 4th season i have won the ldf twice and i am now in the championship! My stadium is 5000 capacity so i cant get the money in through the gates, also the board wont allow me to increase stadium capacity, training facilities etc. In the championship im making about 400k a month but spending about 500k a month.

I have been getting by with selling players for the past 2 seasons i have sold £3,000,000 worth of players. I am £1,000,000 in the red how bad does it have to be before players start getting sold by the board or i get sacked?

I do have about 10 players worth £1,000,000 + if i sold those and cleared my debts and got a lot of money in the bank could i improve the ground and training facilities? Some of my 100k valued players play better than the 1 million valued players so i would have no problem in selling them off if you think that is the best option!

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Once your finances become insecure in the information screen, you know you are close to receivership which means players will be sold.

Have a look at your expenditure. What are you spending most on? Does Barnet have a loan to repay?

80 or 90 players is a huge amount. I would not even want that with Man United. I would definitely advise to sell some of the players. Try and sell the ones that will make you the most money but are not crucial to the team. :thup:

I think you have way too many players. If your finances are bad you should try and reduce the number to around 30. Unfortunatly your stadium has not expanded along with the club and therefor your making way too little money. The only way for you to get an expansion is if you raise the money for it and that will be hard under the circumstances. Not sure that having big teams over for friendlies in the offseason is able to help you as your capacity is so low but I would suggest trying. Only other solution is using a save game editor to increase stadium capacity but that I would consider cheating. My best advice is to not have more players than you need. Try and sell some players that generate some cash and replace them with free players, if you get lucky you can find some real gems in the offseason. Don't sell players before you got a replacement though. Loaning players can fill the gaps if you get a bad spell of injuries or if you feel you have to sell someone you don't got good cover for.

Thanks for your help, i am already loaning a few decent players worth 1 million + im also sigining a few every season on free transfer who are worth more than 1 million. Im going to do some serious trimming to my squad i think. My reserves and youth teams are top of their leagues i suppose some 'trimming' is in order there as well.

Archived