Have I been ripped off?

OK I have a Dell XPS M1530 Laptop. I just got it for xmas, however, i was recently looking around and found that it only has a NVIDIA 8400M when it is ment to have a NVIDIA 8600M. So have i been ripped off? Do you think i should e-mail them and complain? Let me know what you think i should do. Heres some screenies to porve it :

Video card i should have

Untitled-4.jpg

Video card i have

Untitled-3.jpg

P.S I didnt know where else to post this so sorry if it's in the wrong place.

Your gonna have to make sure that the package you bought was not advertised with the graphics card you have now. The one you highlight with a different graphics card may be the same machine but a slightly different package. (hope that makes sense).

I would email and ask anyway.

I paid for the £649 package which is the one i highlighted. Im going to talk to them tommorrow as it's too late now. Also, if you look across all of the systems are ment to have a NVIDIA 8600M and for some reason i dont have :@

I have the Dell M1530, bought in November.

I have 3.00 GB memory, didn't buy extra Ram also has the 8600M GT Graphics card. and you didn't select a lower graphics card or less RAM in the drop down boxes when "building" your machine?

I think should have a email/paperwork with what is fitted on your machine, check make sure what it says

I know PC companies often change things on different offers etc

(edit) according to the screenie you should also have 3.00 GB RAM Memory too, if you have the same deal as posted

you're also missing out on 1gb of memory and i'd check your hdd too. They've sent you the wrong system.

Not all refurbed machines are advertised as such. Some are taken from old stock that didn't sell and have been sat somewhere for a year before being upgraded and then sold "as new".

No it hasn't been refurbed. Dell is a manufacturer, meaning it builds its own computers. Someone just put the wrong graphics card in when building it.

Every pc manufacturer does refurbs of some kind, whether it be upgrading old stock or advertising refurbs to sell on the cheap. If you'll notice, they also haven't put in the same amount of RAM as advertised.

Archived