So injuries are not to be changed in 9.03 apparently

That's fine, no seriously, they're great, I wouldn't bother at all.

injuries.jpg

I'll be ok mates. Honestly, what an absolutely terrible manifestation of a 'feature'. I changed my tactics and the injuries wore off mid-season, only to reappear for the final phase of the Third Division.

If you think they don't need changing, have a word with yourselves. All of those injuries bar one came in the last three games.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah cheers mate, actually it happened consistently regardless of tactics or training for two seasons on and off.

I think it's fair to say that I know of plenty of other Lower League Managers who have experienced this too.

Yeah cheers mate, actually it happened consistently regardless of tactics or training for two seasons on and off.

I think it's fair to say that I know of plenty of other Lower League Managers who have experienced this too.

Yep - makes llm almost impossible at the moment. You need a squad of over 24 in the lower leagues to be able to field a team sometimes, especially when you're playing two/three games a week. Its just impossible.

And yes, the players who just manage big clubs are always the first to say "i haven't seen this, it doesn't exist".

That's fine, no seriously, they're great, I wouldn't bother at all.

I'll be ok mates. Honestly, what an absolutely terrible manifestation of a 'feature'. I changed my tactics and the injuries wore off mid-season, only to reappear for the final phase of the Third Division.

If you think they don't need changing, have a word with yourselves. All of those injuries bar one came in the last three games.

That's not proof that there's an injury bug. We know nothing about your tactics or what condition your players were in before they got injured. For all we know each injury is a stubbed toe and the players are out for a week each.

I'm not saying it clarifies that there's no injury bug, but I have relatively few injuries. I don't over-train, but I'm not so easy on my players that they never develop. I use a rigorous pre-season fitness schedule to build up fitness. I try not to use players with no match fitness unless I really have to; and even then they rarely get injured. I'm not fussy about taking players off when they reach 70% in a match, neither.

Like I said, I rarely have injury problems.

If you changed your tactics and the injuries appeared then what does that point to as a root cause? That's your starter for ten.

Oh, and who told you injuries won't be patched in 9.3.0? I expect only SI know what's in patch 9.3.0.

I'm managing Weymouth, and I currently have one player injured. At worst so far in my season, I had 2 players out, along with a 16 yo player.

I don't know what to tell you. My training regimen for all my players is nowhere close to the "heavy" category. I sub my players when they are getting close to 70% fitness in-game.

That's not proof that there's an injury bug. We know nothing about your tactics or what condition your players were in before they got injured. For all we know each injury is a stubbed toe and the players are out for a week each.

I'm not saying it clarifies that there's no injury bug, but I have relatively few injuries. I don't over-train, but I'm not so easy on my players that they never develop. I use a rigorous pre-season fitness schedule to build up fitness. I try not to use players with no match fitness unless I really have to; and even then they rarely get injured. I'm not fussy about taking players off when they reach 70% in a match, neither.

Like I said, I rarely have injury problems.

If you changed your tactics and the injuries appeared then what does that point to as a root cause? That's your starter for ten.

Oh, and who told you injuries won't be patched in 9.3.0? I expect only SI know what's in patch 9.3.0.

this makes me think you haven't played with lower league teams at all. There's not much wrong with your post except the bit about subbing players under 70% - half way into a season, that's what your entire team looks like in llm after 70 minutes.

One of those guys, Ribeiro, he came back from an injury and I thought you know what? He's 94%, let's give him 10mins at the end of a game. Wrongo! He got injured in the 89th minute! Oh well, I learned my lesson, I gave him 5mins instead next time. Uh oh! Injured after 4mins!

One was a hamstring injury, one was bruised ribs. Completely unrelated.

The funny thing is, I have five Paraguayans in amongst that lot. Only two available! Foreigner problem solved.

Look, I don't mean to be arsey, but people telling me 'there is no problem' need to check out lower league management. I spoke to a friend who had a similar experience in 4 seasons of English LLM, yet when he played in the higher divisions, the problem went away. Odd, but I think perhaps it's easier to not notice.

I'll post a picture of my Youth team after this match, I'm sure it'll be hideous. I regularly get 2-3 injuries per match reported to me by the physio, yet short of taking control of meaningless U20 matches, what can I do?

One of those guys, Ribeiro, he came back from an injury and I thought you know what? He's 94%, let's give him 10mins at the end of a game. Wrongo! He got injured in the 89th minute! Oh well, I learned my lesson, I gave him 5mins instead next time. Uh oh! Injured after 4mins!

One was a hamstring injury, one was bruised ribs. Completely unrelated.

He came back from injury and you started him immediately? Did he have any match fitness?

Give him a reserve game first, unless the injury is really minor.

Players coming back from injury have a greater chance of further injury. It stands to reason.

Don't complain about the game when you bring problems on yourself.

I haven't played 9.2.0 yet but 9.1.0 had no injury bug at all in my experience.

I've had a few crisis...es (whats the plural for crisis? :D) but they don't happen all the time and yes, I've managed lower league and top league.

its still a problem with the forward runs setting. You can't use it in LLM because it completely destroys your players' fitness levels and can lead to an injury situation similar to Argel's.

Its pitiful seeing people just dismiss it out of hand without considering that it can be a problem for some people. But I don't really expect anything less from this place these days.

Yeah, it's clear that some people don't have any issues, and obviously that's a good thing, but what I can't understand is that when closing down and tempo are set under 50%, and tackling is set to normal or easy for all players, three players can be injured in a game that often.

He came back from injury and you started him immediately? Did he have any match fitness?

Players coming back from injury have a greater chance of further injury. It stands to reason.

Who would you suggest I play up front in the next game, genius?

Now what is this reply all about? Have you read what you've written and checked it against what Argel said?

Player is fully recovered from injury, he has 94% fitness. Yet you think its better he be given a FULL reserve game rather than 10 minutes for the senior team? Because a player has just come back from a muscle injury, that makes him more likely to get an impact injury? What?

Anagain, you have to consider the LLM side of this - which you're not doing at all. You have limited squads. Very, very limited when you have a couple of injuries, there's only so many players you can play.

Should a player who had a hamstring injury be at greater risk of bruised ribs?

Please do explain.

I am in Blue Square South with Bromley, and apart from once in the season have a few players injured, I have only seen strikers become injured. Use your U18's, with a little work, you can find the good youth in your team. I am doing that. Average age of just 23, on average with the rest of BSS. I have 23 players in my team, not including the one guy on loan. I have 7 strikers from my team, counting first and U18 (no reserve team strikers) and at most I have had 4 injured.

I am in Blue Square South with Bromley, and apart from once in the season have a few players injured, I have only seen strikers become injured. Use your U18's, with a little work, you can find the good youth in your team. I am doing that. Average age of just 23, on average with the rest of BSS. I have 23 players in my team, not including the one guy on loan. I have 7 strikers from my team, counting first and U18 (no reserve team strikers) and at most I have had 4 injured.

Yeah, I'd love to be able to use my U20's.

The only problem is that in Brazil ND3, youth team regens are all 14-15, and ineligible for the first team until they are 16. I'll be fine in a couple of years, but that doesn't make the game 'fine', if you see what I mean.

this makes me think you haven't played with lower league teams at all. There's not much wrong with your post except the bit about subbing players under 70% - half way into a season, that's what your entire team looks like in llm after 70 minutes.

I've played LLM. I played almost an entire season as Oxford City in Dafuge's challenge (just tired of the game - that was a rough team and I had more people out suspended than Argel has injured).

I had no more injuries than I would consider the normality with Oxford.

My thoughts are that you have a team with one of three problems, or all:

1. You have no idea of fitness training or your fitness coaches are terrible.

2. You have the least fit players in the entire league. What is your player's stamina and natural fitness stats at? If they're poor then get in players that are going to cope with the rigors of lower division football. Technical stats mean a lot less in LLM and physical stats mean a lot more.

3. Your players are very injury prone. It's a hidden stat.

It's a scenario. You put players that are somewhat technically gifted, but unfit, into a team playing at a high tempo. You then stick them in a rough league where they get bounced about each and every minute and in which they play on pitches of the calibre of the local park. Each player has a tendency to get injured more anyway, and the fact that they are unfit accentuates that three-fold.

The result? They all get injured regularly.

Buy fit players and kick the ball long. You're not Arsenal.

Ok, so I hypothesise, but there's limits with LLM and many LL managers have reported that they are happy with the injuries they get. You continue to complain, Wakers, but never appear to listen to advice. Not meaning to be rude, but do you listen?

Who would you suggest I play up front in the next game, genius?

Play one up front or play an AMC there. If you're not solving any injury problems you may have, then you have tinker.

Find out why your players get injured and you won't have to tinker.

Now what is this reply all about? Have you read what you've written and checked it against what Argel said?

Player is fully recovered from injury, he has 94% fitness. Yet you think its better he be given a FULL reserve game rather than 10 minutes for the senior team? Because a player has just come back from a muscle injury, that makes him more likely to get an impact injury? What?

Anagain, you have to consider the LLM side of this - which you're not doing at all. You have limited squads. Very, very limited when you have a couple of injuries, there's only so many players you can play.

He never said he was fully recovered from his injury. 94% doesn't mean fully recovered if the player has no match fitness.

I've played LLM. I played almost an entire season as Oxford City in Dafuge's challenge (just tired of the game - that was a rough team and I had more people out suspended than Argel has injured).

I had no more injuries than I would consider the normality with Oxford.

My thoughts are that you have a team with one of three problems, or all:

1. You have no idea of fitness training or your fitness coaches are terrible.

2. You have the least fit players in the entire league. What is your player's stamina and natural fitness stats at? If they're poor then get in players that are going to cope with the rigors of lower division football. Technical stats mean a lot less in LLM and physical stats mean a lot more.

3. Your players are very injury prone. It's a hidden stat.

It's a scenario. You put players that are somewhat technically gifted, but unfit, into a team playing at a high tempo. You then stick them in a rough league where they get bounced about each and every minute and in which they play on pitches of the calibre of the local park. Each player has a tendency to get injured more anyway, and the fact that they are unfit accentuates that three-fold.

The result? They all get injured regularly.

Buy fit players and kick the ball long. You're not Arsenal.

Ok, so I hypothesise, but there's limits with LLM and many LL managers have reported that they are happy with the injuries they get. You continue to complain, Wakers, but never appear to listen to advice. Not meaning to be rude, but do you listen?

I listen to good advice. You've played one season in LLM compared to my 5.

1) my fitness coaches were comparable to anyone else in BSN.

2) No I didn't, i always base signings on physical stats until the team has been promoted a couple of times.

3) No they weren't

Scenario you gave me was totally irrelevent considering that its very hard to get a technically gifted squad with Blyth Spartans for at least three seasons.

its still a problem with the forward runs setting. You can't use it in LLM because it completely destroys your players' fitness levels and can lead to an injury situation similar to Argel's.

Its pitiful seeing people just dismiss it out of hand without considering that it can be a problem for some people. But I don't really expect anything less from this place these days.

Surely LL players will have a lower fitness level making it harder for them to perform a more physically demanding style of play. After all you wouldn't expect a league 2 player to be as fit as a Premiership player.

Not saying it's not a problem but I would expect, and do, taylor my tactics when playing LL level.

Even if that's not the way to go (and I've had lower league success without ever touching training in previous games), I still would question why players get so many injuries in matches, as opposed to training. If that's the problem, I'd expect it to be the reverse of that scenario.

Pray tell - how do you give a player match fitness without playing him in matches? You'll say play him in the reserves - does that still increase his chances of suffering some kind of impact injury?

Are you aware that LLM reserve matches are spread pretty thinly at times?

Surely LL players will have a lower fitness level making it harder for them to perform a more physically demanding style of play. After all you wouldn't expect a league 2 player to be as fit as a Premiership player.

Not saying it's not a problem but I would expect, and do, taylor my tactics when playing LL level.

Which is why I changed my tactics to make players do less, but it clearly hasn't worked!

well no, thats obvious.

What i wouldn't expect is for forward runs to take such a toll on fitness in slow tempo/low closing down and narrow formations in llm.

to the point where you can take forward runs off, but play with 3/4 tempo and closing down and your players will be much fitter.

Coaches:

Training and Fitness stats of some players:

Can't sign better coaches than those guys, and can't sign any more. It's set a few notches below medium workload.

Set up new training schedules, Argel. I always use differing schedules for a number of different positions; keepers, defenders, full/wing backs, holding MF, creative MF, wingers and forwards.

I'd up your fitness and aerobic training too. You can do that easier if you are not training players in every department. If you have a forward training regime then you need not train them in as much defending and can utilise more for fitness and attacking. It benefits you all around.

Also, where's your pre-season training schedule? You want a specific training schedule to use in the pre-season that will build up players fitness levels for the campaign. If you haven't done so then there is a good reason for your players getting injured in the last few games. They're simply knackered.

A pre-season training schedule will be high on strength and aerobics and average on everything else. You can train tactics and techniques all season.

In my eyes, the problem lies with players who are susceptible to injury getting hurt far, far too easily. Yes, I understand the point that some players are prone to injury, but I think the frequency and severity of those injuries is over the top.

I'll give an example. I have Ulises Davila in my Leicester save. Between 9-7-09 and now (3-12-11), he has been injured 9 times, totaling approximately 12 months. The amount of time isn't that big of a concern to me, it's the number of times he's been out. The only repetitive injury is a "Damaged Elbow" that knocked him out for 2 weeks on 2 separate occasions. ALL of the injuries occurred "in match."

I have a few other players like this, that just seem to get injured every time they step on the pitch.

That is where I think the root problem lies, if you get a few players that become injury prone, you may as well sell them because they just will never contribute consistently. And again, I realize there are players that are notorious for getting injured. I just feel like FM is over-blowing it.

Pray tell - how do you give a player match fitness without playing him in matches? You'll say play him in the reserves - does that still increase his chances of suffering some kind of impact injury?

Are you aware that LLM reserve matches are spread pretty thinly at times?

Reserve matches are far less demanding. Arrange a friendly against a non-playable local team or even a reserve team.

My current game is with Koper in Slovenia (yes, not LLM but not seriously high either) and I have no reserve league. I must have arranged over a dozen friendlies in the last season. I just play players whose match fitness I want to keep up.

reserves.jpg

Reserve what now?

I admit the training schedules aren't great, but they aren't heavy either. I still fail to see why we get so many in-game injuries compared to training issues if the problem lies with the training regimen. I have literally had zero training injuries out of 8 :D

My only issue is the way sometimes injuries sometimes feel too conceited: have you ever had a reserve match and then got a report saying 5 players have recieved injuries? I once had my entire u18's first team go out in one match .. all 11.

I got/get the impression the game has a look at your squad every now and then and says to itself: you really don't have enough injuries, here's four. Or Five. Or Six.

I think it just needs to be a little less obvious - maybe tone down the number of checks it makes, or the resultant injuries?

I admit the training schedules aren't great, but they aren't heavy either. I still fail to see why we get so many in-game injuries compared to training issues if the problem lies with the training regimen. I have literally had zero training injuries out of 8 :D

I'm not saying the problem lies with the training regime. I'm saying maybe your training regime is not preparing players for matches adequately.

The lack of a pre-season fitness schedule is a big factor if you ask me.

I got/get the impression the game has a look at your squad every now and then and says to itself: you really don't have enough injuries, here's four. Or Five. Or Six.

That's the impression I got after 4 injury-free matches and 5 injuries in the 5th match ;) And it happened more than once...

One time I was almost gonna reload as I only had 8 players on the pitch at 71'... But thank god no more injuries in that match -.-

But I really only had this problem in the Brazilian lower divisions... I managed Hucknall and Dover and didnt have this kind of problems...

That's the impression I got after 4 injury-free matches and 5 injuries in the 5th match ;) And it happened more than once...

But I really only had this problem in the Brazilian lower divisions... I managed Hucknall and Dover and didnt have this kind of problems...

Its probably adjusted for the league or checks your number of available squad players as part of the 'you need some injuries' test. I noticed exactly the same as you did - at semi-pro or L1 level I hardly ever get injuries. Even at the top of the Swedish Premier League I was relatively un-striken.

The moment I took control of Milan though, we were savaged ..

The idea, I think, is to make you go and buy players or have bigger/more quality rich squads etc. As in real life of course .. big squads with internationals on the bench can soak it up and take the titles where as mid-sized clubs will be down to their youth team after two or three long term injuries (Everton anyone?). ;)

funniest thing ive ever seen to do with injuries was nemeth break his leg, then 3 days later i get a message saying he has broken his other leg. :confused:

Funny you mention that as I have only just recently started to take the rehabilitation of players coming back from long term injury very seriously - it started after I noticed that even if they were match fit in a few days, they often ended up crocked again in 1-3 matches if I didn't ease them back in.

no thats the thing, he was still out injured when i got the second message.

:D:D Well .. that .. is just mean.

Wouldn't it be kinda cool if when you star player/s get long term injuries you could ask the board for emergency transfer funds or re-adjust your season expectations?

Archived