Youth Coaches?

I don't know if there is already a thread for this but i have been wondering what attribute actually make for good youth coaches? I always look for around 15 for the desired area plus working with youngsters of at least 18....

Also, does having specific first team and youth coaches provide any extra training benefit or just raise the wage bill?

Good question. Personally, I dont usually have more than 40 players in my entire club setup, so I just employ 7 star coaches with any old nationality/stat/skill.

It works exactly as well as if you get coaches with 'working with youngsters' or good mental stats etc. Seriously. My u18's are developing well and my young 19 year old wingers are flying through their PA ..

I don't really get it, personally, I think its a bit of a fabrication the whole coaching thing. :thup:

Specific coaches tends to help when you have an enormous squad. Otherwise the workload gets too high and having a light workload is almost more important than having a 7* one.

I find it easier just to have "coaches" and lots of them.

I'm not sure a specific youth coach has any advantages over a coach with good attributes; however I believe their wages are less which could be important if you're very hard up. Mind you, if you're a lower league club only allowed one coach, you're not going to appoint a youth coach!

• 4 months later...

What does the working with youngsters attribute actually do? Will your youth players develop better with a coach with 7* & 18+ WWY stats that just a 7* coach with low WWY stat?

It's important to remember that they only work with players with a 'Youth' contract. Players 16>21 can be given 'Full-Time' contracts which means they're training with the first-team.

I sign a lot of youth talent and offer them full-time deals so the Youth Coaches won't work with these players as i don't have any 'Youths' in my squad.

The working with youngsters attribute can bump up the stars in your youth training. One of my coaches was (I think) 3 star for Attack coaching for the senior players, and 4 star for youth as he has 20 for working with youngsters, so it definitely has some effect.

Archived