Why have the board appointed another manager to my job?

The board have appointed another manager to my job after a week in charge, and now the AI is running my team. I haven't been sacked.

How can I fix this?

I would post this up into the bugs section and also maybe load up your save game to the url si provide. I'll try and do a search to further help.......

Upload the save, I want to play. Sounds like suspension to me, you haven't been naughty have you?

I have only been in charge for a week!

According to my profile I am still manager, but I am not on the staff screen and the AI is controlling my club.

I am just going to have to start again. This is incredibly irritating.

I don't have time to upload anything at the moment, but I might later.

According to my profile I am still manager, but I am not on the staff screen and the AI is controlling my club.

Where did you buy your game? I would get the save uploaded asap mate so this can be resolved. :thup:

When you say you're still manager, do you mean you are still manager of the club you chose, or just in the game as a manager?

The whole situation sounds like a board takeover has happened and they have decided they want a different manager. That would probably be the case if you are not listed as manager of your club.

Did you get any takeover messages? Did you start unemployed or directly as manager of your club?

I may be driving up the wrong avenue here, but I'm just exploring other possibilities because more information is needed. It sounds like a very odd bug if a takeover were not the case.

I started as manager of Fakel Voronezh, and my profile still lists me as manager of Fakel. I still get Fakel news in my inbox and so on, but I am not in control of the club.

There has been no takeover. I am only a week or so into the game.

Well that's cleared that up. Something majorly screwy has happened.

I hope you don't think I was accusing you of fabrication but I was just following an idea; such as you joined the club after a takeover was planned and missed news items, then they came in and removed you. Clearly that is not the case though.

I think it's off to the bugs forum for you.

There is one other thing. Have you altered the database in any major way? I just looked up Fakel and they are a non-playable club in my game (I have the Russian league loaded). You may have inadvertently screwed up the game by moving them into a playable league but not having changed something, such that the game is...well confused.

Never heard of this issue on the forums before. Very odd! Have your installed the latest patch? If not do this then see if the problem persists. You can get the patch by clicking on one of the links at the very top of this page.

I have the latest patch, and I have edited the database to make Fakel playable. I tried again from my initial save game file, and it removes me as manager as soon as I sign a player.

I think you have done something to the database. What did you swap about to make Fakel playable? If you have put them straight into a playable league without removing another team then that is your issue.

I'm sort of intrigued as to why the game would even work if there was a 'number of teams in a league' issue so the above may not be the case.

The editor changes you have made are definitely looking like a problem though.

You could go to the editors forum and highlight your issue to see if any of the regulars there can identify if you have done something. I bet they'd know.

You could also start a regular game with the original database as a troubleshooter. If you get a job and the game does not remove you then that clears up that it is a database problem that you have accidentally created.

I'd try the new game first and then try the editors forum, pointing out what you have changed in the editor, and see if they can help you.

By all means mention any changes here too.

Oh, good luck. Hope you get it sorted so you can play your team.

No, I mean starting a new game with a clean database, i.e. the original game database or one of SI's patch databases. You should get an option to do this when you start a new game. If your database is messed up then you'll have problems wherever.

Plus, if you start a new game with a clean database and still get the same problems then you can rule out your edited database.

Archived