Promotion..

Quick question, as i dont know :)

i am currently manager of port talbot in the welsh premier league

if i win that league, will i get promoted to blue square?..or just stay in that league..as in, Cardiff (welsh team) is in the 'english' league..so wondered if/how i get port talbot there..or would i have to move clubs?

Thanks

The only reason that I believe that any Welsh teams are in the English leagues is not because they were promoted there, but because they were invited to be in the leagues. I have never seen on FM a situation were this has happened, but it could be in the game so you may want to check around the forum using the search option to see if this has been done

There's no promotion from the Welsh league. The Welsh league was only started in the 1990s as an effort to safeguard the Welsh national football team. The teams that play in England have always done so, i.e. Cardiff, Swansea etc. There were a few English league teams that chose to move to the Welsh League when it was founded, i.e. Bangor City, but many stayed in the English leagues, even if their league was classed as non-league, i.e. Merthyr Tydfil.

Archived