Help with steam and wheres the data editor?

Hi all,

Happy new year.

I have been out of touch with all the FM news for the past few months and I only bought my copy of FM09 today. Im only starting to get my head around this activating and steam system etc.. I installed the game from the disk and used steam to activate it. From what I gather, everytime I want to play the game from now on I have to launch it off steam. Correct? Why is there no FM09 icon on my desktop and is it possible to just install the game the old fashioned way, put the activating code in just the once and let me play!?

I also cannot locate the data editor anywhere! It's not in the FM09 folder! Anyone know where it's hiding??

As I said iv'e missed out alot of news over the past few months so this could be all very repeditive to some of you, but if anyone could help me out id greatly appreciate it.

Thanks alot.

Darren

The data editor is in:

C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2009\Tools\

To play the game without steam, go to C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2009, locate the FM09.exe file and create a shortcut, then put the shortcut on your desktop. Ensure that Steam is not running when you do this.

The editor and the game are in the same location for both XP and Vista if you activiate via steam!

sorry lads but i still cant find the editor!

when i open steam, i have to go to my games. then all thats thers is FM09 listed under 'my favourites'.

the only option i have is to launch game..

please help!!

and obviously i didnt understand or id hardly ask again.

is there any easier way to explain it mate??

Access your hard drive via My Computer or Computer and follow the path that Huw showed you, ie Program Files, then Steam and so on

and obviously i didnt understand or id hardly ask again.

is there any easier way to explain it mate??

You could copy the location you have been given, and put it on your address bar in My Documents. Easy to do.

How to do it:

1) Open up Documents

2) On the address bar in my Documents, copy and paste the address HuwFlet gave you, which is: C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2009\Tools\

3) Press the file "Data Editor"

4) Press the Data Editor file (not the Editor Data folder)

5) You are done.

Enjoy:D

You could copy the location you have been given, and put it on your address bar in My Documents. Easy to do.

How to do it:

1) Open up Documents

2) On the address bar in my Documents, copy and paste the address HuwFlet gave you, which is: C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2009\Tools\

3) Press the file "Data Editor"

4) Press the Data Editor file (not the Editor Data folder)

5) You are done.

Enjoy:D

Thank you too mate!

thats what i originally tried, but wasnt sure where to paste it to!!

Archived