squad harmony

how i get the squad harmoney up because its at very poor lol

my team is very inconsisntent, im playing as Merthyr Tydfil in the BSS and beating Afc Wimbledon who are 3rd in the BSP 5-2 then the next game i played fisher who are bottom of my league and lose 3-1...

If you bring in a lot of players in the transfer window, it will take a long time for players to gel, whereas making small changes with one or two signings can be more effective. After playing together for a long time, players trust each other more and squad harmony is increased. There are also other things which can affect it such as unprofessional players upsetting professional players (unprofessional in mentality - not in their contract) and removing the captaincy from the incumbent.

Regarding inconsistent performances, "plug-in-and-play" tactics are becoming less and less effective in Football Manager and tweaking is becoming more and more important. Whether that is a good thing is disputable but if you pop on over to the Tactics and Training Forum you can get some good advice on tweaking tactics depending on your opposition.

For example, AFC Wimbledon are likely to play more attacking football against you because they don't see you as a threat and they want to get goals quickly against you. Fisher will play more defensively to get goals on the counter-attack but not concede and blow their chances of a win. Your tactics need to be different for both games as they should aim to counter what you expect the opposition to do.

Archived