Scouting your own loan signings

Why can we not scout players we have in our team on loan (i.e. someone I signed on loan)?

I am aware we can get coach reports, but very rarely teams have coaches with scout stats as good as their coach ones.

Also, if you have a coach that is defensive they will not give as accurate reports about forwards, so it's a bit of a guessing game if we have a good player.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just thinking, would a manager in real life ask a scout to look at a loan signing that was playing for him or would he trust his/his coaches judgement. I've got to say he would probably go with his coaches.

I usually try to make sure i have at least one coach with good judging stats so that i can use the coaching reports to judge my youngsters. Are you able to bring in a new coach?

Yeah, it seems unrealistic to me to expect your scouts to rate a player that is already at your club. This is something that would be done by the coaching staff.

It seems equally unrealistic to think our scouts wouldnt have an opinion. Scouts should be able to provide reports on our own players. If, for no other reason, he has scouted various other players and is in a better position to give a relative talent assessment.

It seems equally unrealistic to think our scouts wouldnt have an opinion. Scouts should be able to provide reports on our own players. If, for no other reason, he has scouted various other players and is in a better position to give a relative talent assessment.

My vision of a scout is somebody who has little or no physical contact with anyone within the club except for those he reports to. I could be utterly wrong and i have no knowledge to back this up but i see them as people who would spend the vast majority off their time in other countries or at other clubs assessing talent. If i'm right then it's unrealistic to believe that somebody who has spent the last four months assessing talent in the US could give an accurate summary of one of your own clubs players.

I understand your point but that is not the role of a scout.

Are you saying that a scouts job isnt to evaluate talent? Its perfectly reasonable, IMO, for a manager to want to ask his/her opinion if the manager so desires. After all, isnt the scout the one who dug up the loanee in the first place?

One thing that vexes me about FM is that SI leaves so little to the option of the human player. It seems it would be better for business if the game allowed the player to decide how they best enjoy playing the game.

My vision of a scout is somebody who has little or no physical contact with anyone within the club except for those he reports to. I could be utterly wrong and i have no knowledge to back this up but i see them as people who would spend the vast majority off their time in other countries or at other clubs assessing talent. If i'm right then it's unrealistic to believe that somebody who has spent the last four months assessing talent in the US could give an accurate summary of one of your own clubs players.

If I am a Lower League scout, however, I would have a detailed knowledge of local players. I just think that it might make the game a little more fun for some human managers to add this feature..assuming the scout is/has scouted the clubs home territory.

Are you saying that a scouts job isnt to evaluate talent? Its perfectly reasonable, IMO, for a manager to want to ask his/her opinion if the manager so desires. After all, isnt the scout the one who dug up the loanee in the first place?

One thing that vexes me about FM is that SI leaves so little to the option of the human player. It seems it would be better for business if the game allowed the player to decide how they best enjoy playing the game.

if the scout was the one who dug up the player then you would have had his report.

I very much disagree what you say next, leaves little to the option of the human player??? erm, i cant even be bothered to list the amount of things you can do because its too long

If I am a Lower League scout, however, I would have a detailed knowledge of local players. I just think that it might make the game a little more fun for some human managers to add this feature..assuming the scout is/has scouted the clubs home territory.

I get where you are coming from but i don't really see the point in adding the feature when a) it's not imo true to life and b) all you need to do is look at getting a coach who can emulate the scouts abilities.

Agreed with Skorp and others, it is not the job of a scout to scout the own staff. If you don't like the quality of the coach reports, then maybe hire better coaches, or go watch a game of your loan player your self.

Archived