Winter breaks, friendlies and match fitness

My current save is in Slovenia and I noticed what could be considered a problem with regards to the winter break. Only I arranged any friendlies and that meant that the match fitness of players at other clubs was poor, and may have given me an advantage against them.

In addition to this there was no holiday leave for any players and the summer break will possibly be short as the time between the end of the season and the start of the next seems a lot less than other countries, if the previous year's start date is anything to go by.

I haven't played in any other countries with a winter break, so what is the situation regarding holidays and friendlies there?

I'm just about up to the summer break in my Slovenia game so it will be interesting to see if the players get a holiday break.

The players don't get a winter holiday in game. Have experience in Germany and Ukraine.

Do they get any sort of a break in the summer, even if that summer break is very short compared to the winter one?

I guess this is something that needs to be looked at. The game should really have teams playing friendlies to get back to match fitness.

Do they get any sort of a break in the summer, even if that summer break is very short compared to the winter one?

I guess this is something that needs to be looked at. The game should really have teams playing friendlies to get back to match fitness.

Yes, they get a summer break as usual. Most leagues with a winter break tend to start a bit later than those that don't anyway so it compensates for that. I was looking through the friendlies list on my game earlier and noticed that the German teams *did* have a lot of friendlies booked over that period.

Yes, they get a summer break as usual. Most leagues with a winter break tend to start a bit later than those that don't anyway so it compensates for that. I was looking through the friendlies list on my game earlier and noticed that the German teams *did* have a lot of friendlies booked over that period.

German teams definitely book friendlies over the winter break. I have 2 players on loan to a top division German club and I got a few friendlies match reports around December/January.

That was one issue I reported constantly in the last couple of years. And yes, it's the first time that the game does arrange friendly games for AI clubs and your assistant friendly games for your club at the end of the winter break. Not sure if it does only work in some leagues, but it's in the game at least.

Archived